Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wisdom Teeth

Anyone know roughly how long they take to come through, please?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends entirely on the person.

Mine started coming through about 7 years ago, and my bottom left one is still barely through the gum.
  • Options
    mine are coming through at the mo... i don't know how long they take tho.. it can vary methinks...that is what i have been told.
  • Options
    I agree with the others. It varies, they may even not come in at all. Mine could be seen in x-rays from when I was say 14 maybe. They never moved even a milimeter till I got them removed at 20.
  • Options
    mine were flaring up every now and then up until recently - they've not done anything for ages now. And it's only one that's been moving, the other 3 flared up once but nothing since. I hope they don't come through - i've just got my teeth straight again. If they do they're coming out.
  • Options
    Frequently years, although they tend to go in lurches so generally only bother you for about a week at a time.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    mine were flaring up every now and then up until recently - they've not done anything for ages now. And it's only one that's been moving, the other 3 flared up once but nothing since. I hope they don't come through - i've just got my teeth straight again. If they do they're coming out.

Be afraid, my teeth were straight then moved all silly when they were taken out :( [/horrorstory]
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Be afraid, my teeth were straight then moved all silly when they were taken out :( [/horrorstory]

sush :p
  • Options
    Ive got one on the right side i dont know how long its been comin through all i know is its been a long time
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »

Which is what mine seem to do. Is it normal for me to constantly bite the area where the teeth come through? (only when I have the pain though)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    mine started 10 years ago, and they still arent fully through. When I asked the dentist, she said some people's never come through properly.

Bloody hurts when they are coming through,
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly how long they take to come through, please?

Mine have been comign through since I was 16, I'm now nearly 25.
  • Options
    Urm...Im going to show my stupidness now but which are your wisdom teeth?
  • Options
    Ta da :D

teethmodel2.jpg