Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Beer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are your favourite beers? This includes lagers, bitters, ales and stouts.

Mine are Budvar (the original Czech Budweiser), Budweiser, Hofbrau Extra Cold, Becks, Asahi, Paulaner Munchen, Stiegl and Edelweiss (the last two are to be found in Austria only).

Comments

• Options
    Stella/Carlsberg for bottles or tins and Bud/Stella for pints in the pub.

Not a big beer connisseaur, have tried that Budvar stuff and it's lovely. Don't go out looking for it though.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Stella/Carlsberg for bottles or tins and Bud/Stella for pints in the pub.

Do they do Budweiser out of the tap alot in Ireland?
    It's so rare to get Bud on tap over here, it's usually just in bottles. The bar where I work was one of the only places I knew that did it, but they got rid of it and replaced it with this Japanese stuff, Asahi, which is actually bloody nice.
  • Options
    RED STRIPE.
    IT'S LIKE KIA-ORA. YOU DON'T HAVE THE DREGGS LIKE STELLA DOES IN THE CAAAAAAAAAANS.
    F'realz.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Do they do Budweiser out of the tap alot in Ireland?

Yep, all pubs I go to have it on tap. Stella on the other hand isn't as easily got in some areas.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Yep, all pubs I go to have it on tap. Stella on the other hand isn't as easily got in some areas.

Lucky bastard, I love bud out of the tap! :razz:

Whereas we get Stella everywhere, although I'm not too keen on it.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    The bar where I work was one of the only places I knew that did it, but they got rid of it and replaced it with this Japanese stuff, Asahi, which is actually bloody nice.

Oh good, I just bought a bottle of that to try. I got a bottle of sake for my birthday off my mum, and I was reading about cocktails at work today, and saw one which was sake and beer. And I figured if you're using Japanese wine, you might as well use Japanese beer as well.

My favourite beers are Kronenberg, Budvar, San Miguel, Leffe, Peroni, all miles better on tap. In fact, I actually don't like San Miguel out of a bottle, and Budvar on tap is lovely.
  • Options
    Lagers I like hoffbrau export, stella, red stripe, tyskie, zywiec my favourite ale at the moment is summer lightning or harveys best.
  • Options
    My favourite beers are Hoegaarden, Weihenstephan and Leffe (Gold), in that order, however I can't always afford them.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Stella or Export
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I can see how people cant dislike Red Strip and Bud, but actually like them? They have next to no taste at all, Red Stripe especially is just fizzy water.

I've been enjoying Lech in pubs recently, I presume is Eastern European of some sort, knowing my area Polish.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Bud :yum:
  • Options
    Astra, Holsten Pils, Stiegl, Staropramen, Lindeboom, Stella, Bärnsten Pils, Oranjeboom, Hoegaarden, Kölsch (preferably Früh), Spitfire and Deuchars.

I'd kill for a pint right now :yum:
  • Options
    Probaly mgd or elephant, tho I'm a cider man at heart
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Astra, Holsten Pils, Stiegl, Staropramen, Lindeboom, Stella, Bärnsten Pils, Oranjeboom, Hoegaarden, Kölsch (preferably Früh), Spitfire and Deuchars.

I'd kill for a pint right now :yum:

pisshead! :p Get us one in while you are at the bar!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Bud :yum:

But it has next to no taste.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »

I dont like all the real ales and what not, to me that has too much taste, and thats not a good thing.

Bud is refreshing, has (in my opinion) a nice crisp taste, and goes down well.

That said, I am much more of a wine girl, as you may have noticed at the ball ;)
  • Options
    Desperado. Its fantastic. I also enjoy Kronenburg Blanc.
  • Options
    Cobra and Kirin Ichiban are the best. Also drink Fosters and if it's ice cold then it tastes lush, although I think it actually tastes better in a can.
  • Options
    1845, red river ale, Kujawiak, 1698, bishops finger, broadside, old empire, summer lightning, Okocim, staropramen, budvar dark, youngs special
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Desperado

Yes. Absolutely beautiful stuff.

Having been down in the West Country for the best part of 4 years now, I've developed quite a love for cider. And not that Blackthorn/Strongbow rubbish. Give me a pint of Old Rosie or Black Rat any day.

All lagers taste the same to me really. Krony Blanc is quite nice.

Though I do enjoy a drop of ale, particular favourites being Waggledance, anything from the Smiles brewery, Bombadier and Young's is good too.

Can't stand bitter.
  • Options
    Old Rosie.

£2.10 a pint in the Wetherspoons pubs round here. Its 7% and tastes great. Lovely stuff.
  • Options
    Desperato, is that the tequila flavoured lager? i love that stuff but havent seen it for ages

edit: i also like Coors and Bud lagers. and Broon Ale and Bombidier bitters
  • Options
    budda wrote: »

Tbh the only reason I buy pints of it are because it's 5% and will get you fucked quicker as most other beers are like 4%.
  • Options
    I also enjoy Kronenburg Blanc.

I tried that recently, its pretty nice actually.
  • Options
    Erm .... I'm a San Miguel girl at heart but I also love Heineken or Carlsberg Export and Stella. Unfortunately all of them make me behave like a knob and so I tend not to drink them.

I love Guinness and also Burton Bridge's Stairway to Heaven. Neither make me behave like any kind of depraved human being either with them being lower in alcoholic content that those listed above.

I used to drink Rolling Rock when I was a student and I'm also quite partial to a bottle of Becks.
  • Options
    MGD or Corona. Its cheap and always on sale. Pretty much the only thing I buy at the store. I know nothing zero zilch about beer.

But I love getting beer from a localish but not really resturant brewery. They make a delicious hefeweizen and I've yet to find a seasonal (they change about once every month or two) that I don't like. I've never really liked Porters (because I'm american and enjoy my tasteless water) but they make a really good porter.

Plus they have fun names like buttface :p

Its sad though, I always hate the taste of my MGD once I get done with a jug of the other stuff, but I always go back to it.
  • Options
    £2.10 a pint in the Wetherspoons pubs round here. Its 7% and tastes great. Lovely stuff.

5 pints of that and my legs forgot how to function.
    Its not old rosie i simply refer to it as "braindamage"
  • Options
    For bottles or cans would have to be fosters but for pints in a pub would defo have to be Stella or Kronenbourg
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Oranjeboom

One of the other lagers that we do on tap where I work.

I can't be dealing with Hoegaarden though, or many Belgian beers really.
  • Options
    :yuck: I don't like beer.

I do have a particular fondness for cider though. A recently acquired one. Even if your 'traditionally brewed' cider does tend to smell a little bit like fart, it tastes pretty good :D