Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Coffee and strawberries.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
2 questions.

1. Is it true that to keep ground coffee in a jar in the fridge is the best way to keep it ?

2. What's the deal with pepper on strawberries ? Does it really make 'em taste good or just like peppered strawberries ? Also, what pepper is best ? White, fine ground black, freshly ground black ?

Comments

• Options
    fuck knows
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    2 questions.

1. Is it true that to keep ground coffee in a jar in the fridge is the best way to keep it ?

2. What's the deal with pepper on strawberries ? Does it really make 'em taste good or just like peppered strawberries ? Also, what pepper is best ? White, fine ground black, freshly ground black ?
    I can vaguely answer question 1, as it's what my dad does, and my stepmum works for the biggest coffee company in Kenya, so it must be right.

They keep a small amount (of a big bag) in a jar with an airtight lid in the fridge, and the rest in the freezer (making sure there is no air in the bag).

So yes, it is.
  • Options
    1. It keeps the grounds from drying out too much, so yes - you get a fresher flavour as they don't go stale and dry.

2. It's true, like pepper chocolate - it brings out the sweetness. I'd say freshly ground black for preference. However, what i like most is balsamic vinegar or syrup on strawberries - similar thing and i prefer it :)
  • Options
    For 2, I use freshly ground black pepper and it does make a difference and no too peppery if you just use a little bit :)
  • Options
    pepper on strawberries! well, learn summut new and all that jazz. if it's yak- I blame you two.
  • Options
    Interesting. So do you just sprinkle the pepper on or roll them in it? How much is too much? (probably when it tastes too peppery...)

I didn't know there was white pepper either :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »

I didn't know there was white pepper either :p
    I have never been more gobsmacked!
  • Options
    Ah but I am from the land of squeeze cheese and burger king, can you really be that shocked. They only have black pepper in burger king ;)