Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Facial Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this is a very general question which will probably be replied to with more questions, but what do you ladies out there prefer as far as a man's facial hair is concerned?

I've never had a beard or anything except sideburns but I've recently been thinking about a moustache/goatee combo, or perhaps just a goatee or a soul patch. I can't yet grow a full beard, it's patchy just to the sides of my mouth and thin on the sides of my chin. The moustache and goatee area are both pretty full though.

Comments

• Options
    The lads I've recently fancied all had sort of a goatee/beard thingy going on at some point. Ain't no shaaaaaaaaaaame if you can carry it, give's a pic! I'll let you know whether I'd fancy you with bumfluff or no fluff! :razz:
  • Options
    on some people I like, on others I don't.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I'll let you know whether I'd fancy you with bumfluff or no fluff! :razz:

ahaha!!:lol:
  • Options
    Depends what it is. Moustache; ew. Full grown beard; super-ew. Soulpatch/goatee/stubble; not ew.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Depends what it is. Moustache; ew. Full grown beard; super-ew.

Mmhm.

music-wearescientists22_big.jpg

:yum:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Mmhm.

music-wearescientists22_big.jpg

:yum:

LOL

I didn't know Groucho Marx was in a band!
  • Options
    Facial hair = awful
  • Options
    It depends. I allowed/force Rich to grow his facial hair past annoying-scratchy-stubble length while we were on holiday (in the interests of curiosity), and once it had grown a bit and got a bit softer it was yummmmmmmmmmmmy :yum:. So now I am not allowing him to shave it off :D.
  • Options
    I usually go for guys with facial hair. A guy mate of mine who's rather yummy has a goatee and I'm swooning.
    I totally love Dave Navarro's facial hair... oh and James Mcavoy's goatee,.... oh and Matt Willis' goatee...

All in all - yes. A huuuge thumbs up to the Goatee lol.
  • Options
    It depends if its a good goatee or not for me. Someone I knew tried and it just looked like he had sprouted pubes from his chin. Not cool, squire.
  • Options
    I love a bit of stubble; been trying to convince my boyfriend to leave it for a little bit but he's fighting me on it!

Full on beards are a no no for me and I tend to avoid men with really groomed beards because it just seems a bit too prissy and try-hard for me.

But I adore a bit of stubble to rub my face on :yum:
  • Options
    I love a bit of stubble; been trying to convince my boyfriend to leave it for a little bit but he's fighting me on it!

Steal his razor...
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Steal his razor...

:lol: what an idea! Of course! I shall update.....
  • Options
    my beau has a goatee and it is/he is sexy
  • Options
    I used to work with somebody with quite a bit of stubble, and it didn't look too bad.

She had quite small boobs though so I didn't try it on :lol:

Seriously though, no. It's trendy to fancy Big Issue selling hobbits these days, but on most young-ish looking boys a beard makes them look worse IMO.

Goatees can look alright on the right person though, so long as it isn't their most dominant facial feature or that.
  • Options
    I don't like gotees, soul patches or any other facial hair designes. Something about it just screams I like little kids. Or overweight music teacher. But I'm biased on the latter. Stubble is nice though. As long as you can tell if they have showered, and if you can actually grow it. Joe Dirt was never good looking ;)

The boyfriend is whiney and has a really sensitive face so he only shaves a couple times a week. He gets nice full stubble, but never mountian man-y and I just love it.

But not to say it won't look good on you. Often times, typically bad facial hair can suit somebody. Go try it out and lets see, you can always shave it back off.
  • Options
    See to be honest, it mostly depends on what 'look' you're going for; ie, what your hair's like, what kind of clothes you wear etc. I'd only really bother if your style is anything rock based. If it's a hetro, preened, designer brand type... don't bother.
  • Options
    The boyfriend looks like sex on legs when he has lots of stubble. Some people look best dishelleved and just out of bed- he is one of them. I still swoon constantly. I don't think it suits guys who aren't that manly though. It depends on what like your face is, methinks.