Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bleeding whilst on pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been on cilest for....ooh....just under two years now, and although it's made me more liable to put on weight I haven't had any other problems with it since the first couple of months. I'm 2 weeks into my current packet and didn't take my break last time, as I'm in the middle of exams so didn't want to be fussed. 2 days after I began this pack though, I started bleeding slightly - i figured that this was just normal breakthrough bleeding which I've had a couple of times. But it hasn't stopped for 12 days and has got a fair bit heavier. I've also got quite nasty cramps which I've hardly ever has before on the pill. I'm quite worried because 12 days seems like a long time, so I wondered if this can happen normally or if it is cause for more concern? I'm quite liable to get anemic as well so I want to be careful.

The only other thing I can think of is about a week ago I was late taking one of them - only a couple of hours outside the 12 hour slot though, and I had already started bleeding so I don't see that that would have any effect...:confused: Please help!