Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chicken stuffed with brie and bacon

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I want to do this for tea, but I was wondering if anyone had any sort of recipe for this, as a) I dont know how to stuff it easily and b) I need some sort of times re: when to put bacon and brie in without it burning or in the case of the bacon being undercooked.

Come and work your magic people...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mmmmm that sounds nice, except for the chicken and the bacon :p

Is it a whole chicken or breast or thighs ?

I wouldn't really know how to do a whole chicken. But for breast, i'd make a slit down the side, about 2/3 of the way in. Stuff with sliced brie and maybe some herbs, then wrap the breast in bacon.

ETA Oh and cook at 230c/Gas 8 for 20 minutes, when cooked leave to rest for 10 minutes, covered in foil.
  • Options
    it is breasts...ill save you some brie :p

will the brie be ok inside the chicken do you think? it wont go manky and burnt because it is cooking for 20 mins?

Also i have bacon medallions (i dont like the fatty bits) so i will need to use two to wrap around, can you think of anything to make them stick on?

cheers bigears :D
  • Options
    The brie should be ok, because it'll be in a little chicken envelop wrapped in bacon. Is the bacon thin, like bacon rashers ? If it's really thick you'll have to cook it for a bit longer.

To stop them falling apart, when you wrap the breast make sure the ends of the bacon are on the underside and place this side in contact with the roasting tin you'll be cooking them in. This way the weight will keep the bacon from falling apart. Or you could just skewer them with a cocktail stick.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    The brie should be ok, because it'll be in a little chicken envelop wrapped in bacon. Is the bacon thin, like bacon rashers ? If it's really thick you'll have to cook it for a bit longer.

To stop them falling apart, when you wrap the breast make sure the ends of the bacon are on the underside and place this side in contact with the roasting tin you'll be cooking them in. This way the weight will keep the bacon from falling apart. Or you could just skewer them with a cocktail stick.

The bacon is normal thickness. Tbh, the bacon will wrap from one side to the other, so I wouldnt be able to have it so it was on one side.... ohhhh i am not explaining myself very well!

I shall find something else, otherwise I will cook the bacon seperately and we will have it on the side of the plate ;)

I suppose if I wrap the foil tightly that should hold it...look at me rambling away!
  • Options
    What you could do...

Chop the bacon up, fry it and place to one side.

Open out the chicken breast, making a cut in the thicker part if necessary. Fill with bacon and cubed brie then roll up like a swiss roll and place in the tin with the loose bit on the underside.

I wouldn't wrap it in foil for either method. The first way the bacon wont brown or crisp, it'll just be a bit of soggy bacon, the method above the chicken will just looked pale and boiled.
  • Options
    :lol: what a palava just to cook a bit of chicken, brie and bacon, I would have called the takeaway like 2 posts in! How did it go Bunnie? (totally know what you mean about bacon mediallons, normal fatty bacon is just bleugh!
  • Options
    it was gorgeous! In the end I just placed the bacon over the top! it was divine!
  • Options
    well done you. dinner round yours then?
  • Options
    Yep, what do you fancy?! :p
  • Options
    I'll have the chicken brie bacon wrap, if you're cooking?