Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't know what to do...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
[whistles]

Comments

• Options
    I really don't have anything useful to say except *big hugs* and I really do have huge admiration for your standards and your determination.

xx
  • Options
    Oh A, It must be so difficult for you :(
    I wish I knew what to say, or some advice, but you have a HUGE incentive to change your life here. It was the only thing that eventually made me turn my life around after years of trying. I hope you manage it too.
    When you say your psychiatrist says you are doig well, are you actually being honest with her about how bad youre feeling?
    Maybe shes trying to boost you up, but leaving you feeling as though she doesnt actually get it?

Abbie x
  • Options
    Hey, thanks you two.

Very embarrassed tonight. Should be banned from the computer when i'm overly emotional.

Abbie, the trouble is, compared to where i was 2 years ago (i was completely insane) i AM doing well, but i am so far from recovered it's ridiculous and knowing that someone will soon be relying on me for everything is so overwhelming. When i say to her i am worried about having a baby, she just sort of dismisses it and says 'oh, you will be fine' or something. She is leaving at the end of the month (i have one more appt before then) but after that i won't see anyone for 3 months and i'll nearly be ready to give birth, so any help will be a bit late.

Thanks again for replying, i really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Maybe it would be worth mentioning to your GP and asking if there is any support available. A lot of areas have sure start, and youll also be appointed a health visitor who may or may not be any use.
    It might be a case of being loud and making sure they listen and give you help, because they will probably try and fob you off if they can. It sounds like its too important not to.
    Does your GP know about your past problems?
    I think it sounds like youve come a long way just by the fact you can sit here and admit it and the fact that youre worried about how youll cope means you ALREADY are a good mum. Plenty wouldnt care.