Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hate The Dentists!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a dentist appointment today to get a few fillings done and im petrified, the last time i went i had a tooth pulled out and i fainted :no:

Is anyone else the same as me and if so what is the best way to relax? :nervous: :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    Look after your teeth better so you don't have to get stuff done :p
    Fillings aren't as bad as having a tooth pulled. I just focus on something in the room and try to relax. Maybe i'm a bit biased because my mums a dental nurse so i have no problems with the dentist.
  • Options
    Na I am a dentist wossy - I have absolutly no advice, but good luck and rather you than me :P
  • Options
    Especially if you fainted last time, make sure you've had something decent to eat before you go and take something sugary and a bottle of fizzy pop for afterwards in case you are a bit wobbly.

For those who are a bit nervous of it, try just lying back, shutting your eyes and going along with it, ad then give yourself a treat afterwards. Take your Ipod/mps player/walk man, the dentist will probably be happy for you to listen to it and its good distraction.
  • Options
    Im gonna go shopping after and dribble all over the place with my numb mouth :lol:

Thanks for the advice guys :thumb:
  • Options
    I dont mind going the dentist although in the past when ive had to have the injection to have fillings or teeth out that had made me feel all faint
  • Options
    Well i survived, wasnt as bad as i thought it would be
  • Options
    Netty wrote: »
    Well i survived, wasnt as bad as i thought it would be

that gd 2 hear:yippe: :thumb:
  • Options
    Ive got to go in august to get 2 extractions and a plate fitted...........lovely :( But it will be nice to actually eat properly again
  • Options
    i hate dentists

ask them to give you that gas that makes you feel spaced out, done the job for me :thumb: