Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wearing skirts without pain!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would love to wear more skirts and dresses in the summer but not have to wear hot and uncomfortable tights. The thing is, if I don't wear tights I find that my thighs end up rubbing and I end up with a really sore bumpy rash on my legs!

Is there some trick that i'm missing? I see plenty of other women wearing skirts without tights and lots of them probably have the same thigh rubbing problem, but they all seem fine! Is it just a case of grinning and bearing it until the skin toughens up?

Comments

• Options
    I posted this twice by accident...not sure how!
  • Options
    I was going to say wack a bit of talck between 'em but then that can look a bit funny I suppose :chin: maybe put a lot of moisturiser there for a bit of lubricant so they slide not rub? Sorry I'm not being much help lol
  • Options
    wear some of those hideous leggins
  • Options
    Talc doesn't work, and moisturiser just makes it worse.

All I can suggest is cutting a pair of tights into shorts... that's what I did on holiday. (I have psoriasis on the inside of each thigh, so you can imagine what happens in the summer. Not nice).
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    wear some of those hideous leggins

Thank god another person who thinks they look awful too!
  • Options
    Talc doesn't work, and moisturiser just makes it worse.

All I can suggest is cutting a pair of tights into shorts... that's what I did on holiday. (I have psoriasis on the inside of each thigh, so you can imagine what happens in the summer. Not nice).

That's a fucking good idea- nice one! I am wearing a pair of short cycling shorts under my skirt today, not because my thighs meet in the middle, but for modesty's sake- been out roller blading. Cut off tights would do the trick even better in the summer.

ETA: love this idea, want to nominate for POTW.
  • Options
    I normally just spray some anti perspirant there. Works for me.
  • Options
    talc works for me...but i might get some magic knickers when i get my money!
  • Options
    Pherhaps all of the above at the same time
  • Options
    I think there was a thread about this last year, you could buy cut off tights things in Evans or M&S. Possibly - it might have all been a dream.
  • Options
    Yeah Evans do a thing called comfort shorts, like cycling shorts but in tights type material.
  • Options
    You can get "comfort shorts" from evans to stop thighs rubbing together, but as its evans its probably only bigger sizes.
    I have a friend who swears by them
  • Options
    What are magic knickers?

I actually find body lotion works pretty well.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    piccolo wrote: »
    What are magic knickers?

I actually find body lotion works pretty well.

Bridget Jones pants. Huge things that hold you all in in the right places. Miracle workers! :D
  • Options
    Hey ladies, thanks for the replies....I knew you would all be full of good ideas! I will go off now and try them all out and see what works best! Thank goodness for this site and all you lovely people!