Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need a couple of questions answered..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, Im new at this, but I really need a couple of questions answered. I had an abortion about a month ago and my boyfriend and I didnt wait the full 2 weeks to have sex again. I was put on the pill right after the abortion but Im definatly not a good pill taker and forgot to take it all the time. We were not very careful and he didnt use a condom nor pull out. A friend told me if you went pee right after sex, it reduces your chance of getting pregnant. This sounds really weird to me, and I dont think its true. Has anyone else heard of that? And am I at a high risk of getting pregnant again since I just had an abortion? If anyone has any answers, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Firstly, peeing will not stop you getting pregnant because you pee from a different hole. Secondly, I don't know for certain, but when you've had a baby you are much more fertile, so I think this could be the case if you were pregnant and had aborted.
    I'd suggest if you don't want a baby, just be careful! Easier all round really.
  • Options
    I was put on the pill right after the abortion but Im definatly not a good pill taker and forgot to take it all the time. We were not very careful and he didnt use a condom nor pull out.

Peeing after sex will definatly not prevernt you getting pregnant. Secondly if your taking the pill properly and you should be using condoms as you've just started using it then the risk of getting pregnant is normally low. Forgetting the pill and not using condoms is putting yourself at risk of getting pregnant whatever the circumstances. If you dont trust yourself to remember to take the pill every day there are other longer term contraceptives to try.
  • Options
    Did you enjoy your abortion or something and are trying to go back for more????

If you have unprotected sex or are not careful with your contraception then you are heading for either another abortion or a baby!
    Going for a pee after sex is NOT a method of contraception at all.
    Youre just as likely to get pregnant now as you were when it actually happened so wise up!
  • Options
    We've had clients become pregnant again within a month of having a termination, trust me, coming back for a second one so soon isn't a pleasant experience.

It's entirely possible to become pregnant again within those two weeks, so you need to have a think about your current method of contraception, get some emergency contraception if needed and consider alternatives since your current method isn't working well for you. Have you considered a longer term method, like depo, the implant or a coil?
  • Options
    Peeing after sex can help prevent cystitis but not pregnancy! If you're so bad at takingf the pill then have a talk with your doctor about other contraceptive methods such as the patch or the injection.
  • Options
    Did you enjoy your abortion or something and are trying to go back for more????

If you have unprotected sex or are not careful with your contraception then you are heading for either another abortion or a baby!
    Going for a pee after sex is NOT a method of contraception at all.
    Youre just as likely to get pregnant now as you were when it actually happened so wise up!

I didn't want to be harsh but agree with SCC, it doesn't take much to put on a condom or something.
    I'm no medical expert but surely It can't do your body any good to have abortions regularly if that is the only alternative. You need to be careful or you might end up never being able to conceive when you want to with you being interfered with so much!
  • Options
    There's no credible evidence to suggest that multiple abortions, or abortions done close to one another cause any long-term fertility problems. Untreated chlamydia or PID can cause problems if they're not spotted before a termination, but procedure-wise, there's no evidence to suggest so, even if it's not 'ideal'. It's not only for termination of pregnancy, but in repeated missed miscarriages where a D&C is required. While I agree that this poster needs to have a think about what's going on at the moment, it's unfair to suggest there may be problems in the long run when all the evidence says otherwise.
  • Options
    Id usually be the last one to judge anyone because i know i've made my fair share of mistakes aswell, but i really think you and your b/f are being really stupid. both of you should sit down and have a chat about suitable contraception..

And im sorry to say but if ya's cant be responsible enough do that then you'se probably should'nt be having sex anyway.