Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

First date outfit...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Posting this on behalf of my mate, because she's too lazy to sign up herself :)

Basically, she's off on a date tomorrow night, to play pool with a lad she met properly last night.... and she has no idea what to wear. I suggested jeans and a nicetop but thats as far as we've got.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    heylo. yes i do have a DATE!¬!!! lol she forgets to point out i'm rather large too pples!!!
  • Options
    Remember you'll be bending over a lot, so something that either shows off your boobs or arse would be best. ;) Sorry, I'm just a pervert.
  • Options
    hmmm boobs i can do but not showing off my arse. Theres enough of it to be seen anyway without drawing attention to it. hmmm not only is this my first date with the guy, its my first ever proper first date lol. if that makes sense. Cos i generally go for prats and weirdos (and far too many one night stands) I've never actually been on an honest to god first date. SO i'm pretty nervous. Any tips or do's and don'ts? cass x :O)
  • Options
    Definitely jeans and a top for pool, and not stupid shoes. Whenever I go out with the guys playing pool I always end up taking my shoes off if I'm wearing heels as I feel too high up to play properly!

Just be yourself, is all I can advise :)
  • Options
    aye, jeans and a top will do it. I saw a gorgeous top in the window of evans t'other day. Dark, flowey fabric, thick band of colour with tie thing that go from under your bust and tie at the back, showing off boobs but hiding any tum. Something like that would be ideal- you don't want anything you'll be pulling down all the time coz it rides up above your jeans waist band. If you go for flats, wear flat shoes rather than trainers in case you want the evening to carry on somewhere else- so you'll be neither under or overdressed for anywhere. Have fun!
  • Options
    you could always wear a tunic style top over jeans if you're worried about your bum? just have fun and be yourself - no use in pretending to be someone you're not!
  • Options
    Remember you'll be bending over a lot, so something that either shows off your boobs or arse would be best. ;) Sorry, I'm just a pervert.

:lol:
  • Options
    ok am rather rather nervous now : O cassx
  • Options
    Ahhhh! I love this kind of thing. Don't fret about it being your first date, everyone has to start somewhere and I think good for you that you've made a decision about not wanting ONS and messing around and are interested in dating and getting to know this bloke. Playing pool is such a great first date idea, plenty of opportunity for flirtatious teasing etc.

Given the situation I would avoid wearing something that screams "sexy", but make sure you wear something that makes you feel sexy... and comfortable. This is an important distinction if you catch my drift. Low maintenence clothes, hair and make up are good - you don't want to be worrying about your 'up do' while you are trying to play pool and flirt ;)

Go in with a positive attitude, bear in mind that he's probably nervous too. Look at it as an opportunity to see whether he's potential boyfriend material for you, rather than feeling that you have to impress him. Have a laugh, relax, be yourself. Good luck girly - you seem great and I'm sure you will blow his mind! :D

Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »

Ace advice :) Exactly what I try to tell her but she doesn't listen to me haha :)

If all goes to plan she'll be there now.. :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Go in with a positive attitude, bear in mind that he's probably nervous too. Look at it as an opportunity to see whether he's potential boyfriend material for you, rather than feeling that you have to impress him. Have a laugh, relax, be yourself. Good luck girly - you seem great and I'm sure you will blow his mind! :D

Let us know how it goes!

Lol. hmm. Unfortunately he stood me up, then gave a very very badly made up excuse as to why he stood me up. So he's definately not b/f material. But i have amazin mates who cheered me up absolutely no end and although i'm tempted to sit here and cry my damned heart out :( i wont cos i havent the energy. Thanks 4 all ur advice though. U all really helped. cass :o( xx
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its his loss!

What a fool he must be!
  • Options
    thanks but atm i still feel like the fool cass :O( xx
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Its his loss!

What a fool he must be!

Well said.

She looked amazing too, so all the advice paid off :)
  • Options
    thanks but atm i still feel like the fool cass :O( xx

It'll pass. Could be worse, could be this situation.....

jhtn94l.jpg
  • Options
    lol mite aswell be true. Lol, recently i've been trying to give up men. A very hard thing to do as i'm a self confessed bike. But unfortunately i keep givng people chances, i'm also a doormat. But at the moment my only ambition once again is to earn enough money to buy a house in barmouth bay and become a fully fledged bonafide recluse. cass:O) x x
  • Options
    I dont even know Barmouth Bay but I hope its good :p
  • Options
    it is its lovely. its in wales cass :O)x
  • Options
    Dont like Wales :(

Anyway I should be in bed as I've been up since 7am :S
  • Options
    lol sleep does sound pretty good. cass :O) xx
  • Options
    :o(
  • Options
    Not to worry, keep the outfit for going out with the girls, or until someone worthy comes along. Being a self-confessed bike doesn't mean you have to continue to be if you don't want to. No matter what your reputation- the future is in your hands, you can start to say 'stop' as soon as you know that's what you want and decide to do it.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just to jump in on the band wagon, and I know this is a style thread, but tough!!
    I am sorry he stood you up, and as JsT said, it is his loss! You will find someone I am sure.

Just pester Nikki to do your waxing, being hair free makes me feel better about myself.

What did you wear in the end? I have found that a vest top under another low cut top makes me look slimmer, and it makes my boobs look rather fetching ;)

Remember smaller heels make your legs look longer than flats, and are still easy to walk in! - I should take my own advice now and again!

Keep your chin up chuck!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Just to jump in on the band wagon, and I know this is a style thread, but tough!!
    I am sorry he stood you up, and as JsT said, it is his loss! You will find someone I am sure.

Just pester Nikki to do your waxing, being hair free makes me feel better about myself.

What did you wear in the end? I have found that a vest top under another low cut top makes me look slimmer, and it makes my boobs look rather fetching ;)

Remember smaller heels make your legs look longer than flats, and are still easy to walk in! - I should take my own advice now and again!

Keep your chin up chuck!

Thanks Bunnie. Lol i did the same course as nik so i'll do my own waxing!! I love her to peices, but too much to have her fiddlin with my nether regions !!! ;) I have come to the conclussion that basically he was after a quickie and was sadly dissapointed, as i gave up my bike-ish ways right before meeting him!!
    At the end of the day you are right it is his loss, cos if he cant appreciate how much he would have had in me then he wasn't worth it to begin with ! :) xxxxx
  • Options
    Well said :) What a top class wan*er. At least you didn't waste your lovely outfit and time on him that much and at least you found out he was a dickhead before you wasted your whole night or more on him. Now you're free to find a fitter nicer one. :yes: