Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not really sure where to put this so sorry if its in the wrong place, and sorry if its just a bit of a rant..

I spent the day in my mums and had a really nice day and was feeling really good then i came home and my b/f started telling me all the plans he's been making all day (He's moving to america for a year in august and we've already decided we are gona break up).

Its just made me feel really crap. Its like he doesnt even care that we are breaking up and he's telling me all the things he's gona be doing when he gets there i think he's been really insensitive, he knows im already upset at the thought of us breaking up but he's so busy thinking about himself he doesnt even care enough to think of how im feeling :impissed:

How do i tell him that although i know he's excited its making me feel like crap when he goes on about how much fun he's gona be having?

Comments

• Options
    uh..like the same way you just told us.
    its making me feel like crap when he goes on about how much fun he's gona be having
    Just tell him this.
    Be happy, its not the end of the world, plenty more fish in the sea and all that
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    plenty more fish in the sea and all that

Yeah but who wants to suck of a haddock ?

Angle just tell him it fucks you off.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »

Angle just tell him it fucks you off.

I tried to tell him, but he's just accusing me of being bitchy and tryna ruin his good mood and his excitment.. thats the last thing i wana do i really want him to have fun over there im just upset that we are breaking up and he doesnt seem to care.
    Im starting to think it would be better to end it now rather than wait cos he should be able to get excited without having to worry about what il think.
  • Options
    To be honest, and i know some people will disagree with, from your other thread i think it would be a good idea for you to end it now. It's obviously upsetting for you (the break up and his plans) and not doing you any good. By you doing the breaking up you are in a position of power, you've made this decision and you're in control.

Yeah, i know it's hard breaking up with someone, especially as you're living together but if that's what you decide i'm sure there'll be plenty of support on here and in the real world to help you through it and to move on.

As for still living together whilst not a couple anymore i don't know. Never been in that situation.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    To be honest, and i know some people will disagree with, from your other thread i think it would be a good idea for you to end it now. It's obviously upsetting for you (the break up and his plans) and not doing you any good. By you doing the breaking up you are in a position of power, you've made this decision and you're in control.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I think it will be easier if you end it now, you wont be hearing him going on about all his plans, and I think that if you break up now, it will be easier for you when he does go to America.