Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Well, that's climate change sorted, then

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Link Here

Job done. Lol

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cool, think i will go out in my nice big carbon emitting Range Rover now and not feel any guilt :p
    Angela Merkel truly is off her rocker if she thinks this will make the slightest difference. Firstly, I don't accept the liberal consensus that global warming is being caused by humans. Climate change is caused by the sun,as the 'Great Global Warming Swindle' revealed. What we do on this planet contributes virtually nothing to the speed of climate change.

Having said that, there is a case for recycling and for living more efficiently. Of course, without the biggest developing nations, such as China and India doing their part, the rest of it would be largely window-dressing.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Angela Merkel truly is off her rocker if she thinks this will make the slightest difference. Firstly, I don't accept the liberal consensus that global warming is being caused by humans. Climate change is caused by the sun,as the 'Great Global Warming Swindle' revealed. What we do on this planet contributes virtually nothing to the speed of climate change.

Having said that, there is a case for recycling and for living more efficiently. Of course, without the biggest developing nations, such as China and India doing their part, the rest of it would be largely window-dressing.

I thought You were saying He was a old rocker
    I thought You were saying He was a old rocker
    We can certainly say that about Tony Blair. (Ugly Rumours, anyone?) But we digress...
    george bush wisens up to the scam being a good excuse to expand government shocked.gif
    Angela Merkel truly is off her rocker if she thinks this will make the slightest difference. Firstly, I don't accept the liberal consensus that global warming is being caused by humans. Climate change is caused by the sun
    No it isn't.

The Sun is a predictable star giving predictable phenomena. The rise in temperatures in the last century has been completely abnormal and far quicker than anything else ever recorded.
    as the 'Great Global Warming Swindle' revealed.
    A programme widely discredited as a load of biased bollocks.
    1.988435×10^30 kg of purely predictable nuclear fusion. course it cant be to blame :D
    Aladdin wrote: »
    No it isn't. The Sun is a predictable star giving predictable phenomena. The rise in temperatures in the last century has been completely abnormal and far quicker than anything else ever recorded.
    Far quicker than anything else ever recorded? Really? That's news to me. I didn't know you were around during the last Ice Age, Aladdin. Or maybe you were around at the time of the dinosaurs. That pesky Tyrannosaurus Rex, driving around in a Range Rover, poisoning the air... You're obviously a lot older than we thought. :p
    Ha! Bush goes out with a signing of somthing to cap the green house gasses. Trying to save grace... You know he wanted to make a law that would make sure the next president would not be able to pull out of Iraq. Good thing it was uncostitutional. Well if this does happen the awsome I would like that alot if it dont then dam.
    The Climate Change Swindle programme was so full of crap, even the scientists who took part in it considered legal action against it for misrepresenting their views.

LINK HERE

Apparently they invited him to give both sides of the debate in a 'let the viewers decide' type of program, then just showed footage of them denying climate change, as though that were their own views. Sneaky!!!

The program relied heavily on 'Sun Spot' activity - volcanic reactions on the sun emitting 'solar waves' which heat the earth. They focussed on the widely accepted theories of one particular scientist (who's name escapes me for the moment) who has managed to trace a huge history of such activity many thousands of years into the past, through study of atmospheric particles in some manner (I'm not a scientist - can't explain it any better than that, I'm afraid!).

His history of solar activity is very much in line with what other scientists have shown to be the history of earth temperatures over the same period, thus his theories are widely accepted.

HOWEVER - what the program didn't tell you, is that sun spot activity has been completely static since 1985, while the hottest 10 years in the last 400 have all taken place since 1995. The scientist himself is a very firm believer that human activity IS the cause of current temperature rises!

You might have noticed on the 'Swindle' they only showed him explaining his theories up until sun spot activity took us out of a period of 'colding' in the mid 70s?

There are many other faults I could pick with this program btw - but I will leave that for now. If I can remember the name of the Sun Spot scientist I will put a link to his website - he too is rather angry at the way his views were misrepresented!
    Jezzer wrote: »

HOWEVER - what the program didn't tell you, is that sun spot activity has been completely static since 1985, while the hottest 10 years in the last 400 have all taken place since 1995.

orly

zurich.gif
    Is that temperatures or sun spot activity? Also, from where is it sourced?Either way, it shows a substantial drop since 2000, which is hardly consistent with temperatures on earth.
    LINK HERE

AND HERE

Both articles are quite clear that sun spot activity is NOT responsible for current warming - the second one explicitly states that activity has been static for 20 years.
    source: right click -> properties.

it shows sunspot activity.

i was contesting your statement "been static since 1985". but anyway, a close look sees that sunspot activity peaked around 1992/3. you stated "the hottest 10 years in the last 400 have all taken place since 1995." when during that period they declined, peaked around the year 2000/1 then declined again. clearly they havnt been static since 1985though this say nothing about sunspot intensity...
    one of the articles states

"Over the past 20 years, however, the number of sunspots has remained roughly constant, yet the average temperature of the Earth has continued to increase. "

which graph above shows to be wrong.
    Far quicker than anything else ever recorded? Really? That's news to me. I didn't know you were around during the last Ice Age, Aladdin. Or maybe you were around at the time of the dinosaurs. That pesky Tyrannosaurus Rex, driving around in a Range Rover, poisoning the air... You're obviously a lot older than we thought. :p
    Surely you are aware that scientists can measure climate events and conditions from the past by studying ice, sediments etc.

They can do amazing things today you know... :p
    One of the (many other) ways to tell this is no natural phenomena is multiple reports of glaciers and snow-covered mountain peaks receding or dissapearing for the first time in recorded history during the summer months.

Frankly anyone who still doubts global warming is at least partially caused by human activities needs their head examined, and might as well believe the world is actually flat and all those pictures of planet Earth are fakes.

Though let's be frank here- very few of those 'doubters' are telling the truth. The majority of them suspect global warming is very much caused by humans but they claim they don't believe so because they don't want to admit to the truth: namely that they don't give a shit about the welfare of the planet if it interferes with their "right" to do anything they want and behave like selfish arseholes.