Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Never seeing people again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel a bit strange really, I've broken up from college and I've only got a couple of exams left.
It's wierd because obviously I'll stay in contact with my good mates from college... but some of the people that I've never been good enough mates with to hang out with outside of college, but who I still got on really well with in college, well I'll probably never seem them again which is a shame, espescially as some of them are girls who I've always kind of liked but never done anything about it.
Hmm, anyone else been in this situation?

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean, most of my original year of 6th form left last year. it does really make you think. however, whos to say you'll never see them again because it is a small world. plus with things like myspace you'll always find most of them.
  • Options
    yeah, but you probably will still bump into some of them when out and about.
  • Options
    Yeah thats how i felt when I left year 11 it's all the randomers who i never really spoke to which i missed like the ones who you know well enough to have a laugh and a chat too but not well enough to go out with.
  • Options
    Yep, I only speak to a few people who I went to school with and only a few who I went to uni with even though I knew loads more than that when I was there. It just happens I guess.
  • Options
    it's all the randomers who i never really spoke to which i missed like the ones who you know well enough to have a laugh and a chat too but not well enough to go out with.

Yeah totally, I had it last year when I left my old college/school but I still see alot of them at parties and stuff, it's just this new college that I've come to, alot of them live quite far away and have totally differtent circles of friends.
  • Options
    Yeah and sometimes its so hard and difficult to keep in contact with people.

One of my old best mates and me used to have such a good time and at the start of last summer we were really close but within the space of a few weeks of me not hanging around her the longer we left it the harder it was to actually meet up.

Now except for the drunken text i sent her in the early hours of saturday morning to tell her i'd seen this guy we knew i hadn't spoken to her in weeks ! bit shit really
  • Options
    Yeah and sometimes its so hard and difficult to keep in contact with people.

One of my old best mates and me used to have such a good time and at the start of last summer we were really close but within the space of a few weeks of me not hanging around her the longer we left it the harder it was to actually meet up.

Now except for the drunken text i sent her in the early hours of saturday morning to tell her i'd seen this guy we knew i hadn't spoken to her in weeks ! bit shit really

Yeah it sucks, some of my best mates who I've been mates with since I was like 4 years old, I stopped talking to them for about a year and it was well awkward like seeing them in town and stuff, I felt like a right dick and then I plucked up the courage to invite them to this party I was going to and now we're all good mates again. :)
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yeah it sucks, some of my best mates who I've been mates with since I was like 4 years old, I stopped talking to them for about a year and it was well awkward like seeing them in town and stuff, I felt like a right dick and then I plucked up the courage to invite them to this party I was going to and now we're all good mates again. :)

Ah that was good of you to do that. Yeah i fuckin hate it being all awkward though. My mate that I mentioned I did text her when me and another friend were out in bar a few weeks ago and she came out and we all had a really good night and it was like we were back to normal but it always seems like i was the one making the effort so i've just left it now.
  • Options
    Ah that was good of you to do that. Yeah i fuckin hate it being all awkward though. My mate that I mentioned I did text her when me and another friend were out in bar a few weeks ago and she came out and we all had a really good night and it was like we were back to normal but it always seems like i was the one making the effort so i've just left it now.

Aww, maybe she just felt really awkward too. Keep making the effort and she will eventually. It'll be worth it. :)
  • Options
    Yeah been there done that. Tbh i was glad really when i left school. I already had my close mates who i'd always see so wasnt like i wasnt going to see them ever again. There were some other mates that i dont see as much but still see round town every now and then. Then there were just other tossers etc that i was bothered about not seeing again.

You'll be surprised how much you'll still see and stay in contact with old mates. I've found loads of old mates on Facebook which is pretty cool, not that i'm fussed about seeing them as much, but still nice to keep in touch.
  • Options
    Did that in Year 11. It made me realise how much (now) I don't miss some people...
  • Options
    it sucks. but tbh its just part of life.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    You'll be surprised how much you'll still see and stay in contact with old mates. I've found loads of old mates on Facebook which is pretty cool, not that i'm fussed about seeing them as much, but still nice to keep in touch.

Facebook is the way forwards :yes:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Did that in Year 11. It made me realise how much (now) I don't miss some people...

I keep in touch with pretty much no-one from school/sixth form/college/old jobs. I can just find it fairly easily to walk away from people and dont be that bothered. I occasionly think about the odd person and miss them, but I never have any inclanation to get back in touch.
  • Options
    I was thinking about this today actually. We only go into college now to hand in bits of coursework so we never really see everyone...and my friend said to a few of us in the library today as she was leaving: "If I don't see you all again, good luck for the future and have a nice life!" and that made me think...oh my god, what if I never see these people again??

I know, that's pretty much what someone said to me yesterday.
    Fucked up innit.
  • Options
    I feel a bit strange really, I've broken up from college and I've only got a couple of exams left.
    It's wierd because obviously I'll stay in contact with my good mates from college... but some of the people that I've never been good enough mates with to hang out with outside of college, but who I still got on really well with in college, well I'll probably never seem them again which is a shame, espescially as some of them are girls who I've always kind of liked but never done anything about it.

I feel like that too. It's not your best mates that you see at the weekends and stuff, it's just the random people you sit by in lessons or friends of friends, where you're only really mates in the context of college. I think it's going to be kinda difficult to keep those relationships going too, because it'll feel a bit awkward doing stuff outside of college with them, as you don't know them all that well. I'm going to miss seeing them everyday.

But I guess every gets to know new people like that at uni or work or whatever they do next. Still feels a bit sad though.
  • Options
    20-odd years after leabing school, I can honestly say that I cannot remember the last time I spoke to, or bumped into, any of my school friends.

Do I miss them? No
  • Options
    I'm glad there is a clear distinction in those who you consider real friends and then those who you just generally talk to..... but nevertheless i still feel bad in losing contact with those i just generally talk to. Being at uni, friends or acquantaces come and go and i've found that hard sometimes. :blush:

I think what's worse though is the realisation that a friendship is coming to a close due to moving away etc and there is not that strength between the two people to continue that relationship.
  • Options
    lol my hometown is so small i will bump into old faces whether i try to keep in touch or not, which is cool in a way but also annoying if you thought you'd escaped all the pricks when you left school, ha......then there are some people i won't see for months at a time but it's never awkward, we have our own lives but it's still nice to catch up, facebook is awesome though i only signed up a few weeks ago and have found dozens of old peeps on there from various past lives....
  • Options
    We all had a bbq last night to say goodbye as we've finished uni now and are all going our separate ways. We will see each other again but it's not the same as the day in day out being around like at uni. My best mate is moving to Japan, and the rest of us are spreading out around the UK so it's going to be hard to keep the closeness that we have now. We'll all get a new circle of friends and move on, but it was a sad realisation that the people I've been around for the last 4 years are going to disappear fairly much completely from my life. They'll turn into the same as my school friends that I see a couple of times a year when I'm back home and thats it.
  • Options
    im not feelin it so much with college but i did with school. i actually lost touch with people who i use to go out with as wel
  • Options
    Certainly have, and I loved every minute of it. There were people in college whom I very quickly realised were not friends. I relished the chance to clear the lot of them out of my life. I have no regrets whatsoever about it.