Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

online jewlery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would anybody reccomend (or has anybody) buying jewlery online? I'm thinking about it because I want titanium earrings, and they are too pricey for my cheap ass around, and I was going to look if I could find them cheaper. I'm sure its ok, but I'm a skeptical kinda person so I thought I'd ask. I"ve been looking and most places I've seen them sell one for around $30ish, but I've seen some online for $10... and that creeps me out, there must be a reason that I don't know about so I'd be greatful if somebody told me!

Does anybody know, have you ever heard of just your average earrings in titanium? Not the body jewlery type?

And has anybody heard of any earring body jewlery type that isn't the bead rings or circular barbell?

I"m being picky, but I've yet to find anything I like in gold and I"m not a fan of the body jewlery type and those are the only two materials I've found so far that don't give me crusty, red painful throbbing ear after a couple hours :yum:

Comments

• Options
    you can put different ends on those barbells, like coloured (colored- ha ha) gems.
  • Options
    I know, I'm just not a fan of the whole hoop thing though.

So another question. Between the stores and what I looked at online last night, most were between 20 and 35, but I saw a couple websites where they had them for 5-7. So whats wrong with the cheap ones? :p I'm all for cheap but that seems kind of creepy. Maybe they are fake titanium or something.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    I know, I'm just not a fan of the whole hoop thing though.

Is this for your ear? in a stretched hole? Then you can probably use a post, like you would for a madonna, with a gem ball (or any other screw on/in decoration).
  • Options
    that tragus there has a labret stud in it

bmepb415130.jpg

you can get them with pretty decorations, see http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/labret_studs_399.cfm
  • Options
    The bigger they get the cuter things they do have, maybe I'll make them bigger eventually. And the labret ones are nice looking studs. Thanks for the link. I want the dice.

I got impatient so I went to the store. They didn't sell 18 in titanium so I bought the 16's and some 18s in steel because the woman suggested I start with 18, especially since I almost never wear earrings, but I got those in without even a push, think I could get the 18s in straight away or should I wait?

Nevermind, I did it anyway :p