Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Will you go out with me ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right when do people actually stop saying that?

And if you have a boyfriend/ girlfriend how did they ask you out?/ You ask them out ?

I'm just wandering because i'm kind-of seeing this guy whose 22 and i was just thinking if things did progress how and when would i know if we were going ?

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, not sure, things just sort of fall into place without you having to say when you're older, i think.

I still remember when me and my boyfriend told each other we liked each other (5 years ago). We had both recently spilt up with other people. We were sat on my bed and he said "I think I'm starting to like you more than I should". I replied saying "I think I'm starting to want you to like me more than you should". Then I reached over and held his hand and we sat there for ages holding hands, not saying anything. And then he stayed the night :D

There was no real question about whether we were together or not, we just sort of were, it didn't need spelling out.
  • Options
    Yeah i wouldnt say it out loud. it sounds kinda lame.
  • Options
    I think if you're seeing someone it's easy to just kinda say 'want to make it official?' or just ask the other person if you're a couple. Theres no need to use the old high school 'will you go out with me?'.
  • Options
    I've ALWAYS hated the 'will you go out with me?' line. My current boyfriend introduced me to his friends as his girlfriend about 3 weeks into seeing each other, and (despite reprimanding him for not asking me first) I was really glad that was how it happened. Plus I think if you're both really into each other it's obvious from how you treat one another; 'officialdom' shouldn't need to be said out loud.
  • Options
    Right when do people actually stop saying that?

at the end of puberty :razz:
  • Options
    waaaaay before the end of puberty :p
  • Options
    My girl got her ex bf to ask me out for her. I said she had to ask me herself. She never did. Instead she said so are we going out, or did patrick get you in his trap.:confused:

I know, funny thing is i was about to say do you wanna hook up. lol
    I have been happy ever since.
  • Options
    waaaaay before the end of puberty :p

depends how early you were though don't it :p
  • Options
    When people reach the age of 8 or so.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    When people reach the age of 8 or so.

:lol: Yeah when you actually grow up you realise no one says "do you want to go out with me". It's usually pretty obvious if things are going that way is it not.
  • Options
    Actualy its replaced by the question wanna hang out some time. That is a date if the girl or guy gets all prettied up then yeah somthing is up.
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    at the end of puberty :razz:

When is the end of puberty ?

cos one of my boyfriends was twenty and he still pretty much asked me out
  • Options
    When is the end of puberty ?

cos one of my boyfriends was twenty and he still pretty much asked me out

Lol It's a long time before twenty.
  • Options
    I always believed that most people stopped asking that question when they reached their teenage years. The question has certainly never occured in any of my relationship. What always happens is, we get closer over the time, before one of us asks "are we just friends now, or more than that?", or something.
  • Options
    Me and my ex never actually asked each other out it just kinda happened
  • Options
    My ex asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend about 3 weeks into seeing each other. I thought it was a bit juvanile...but admittedly v cute all the same.
  • Options
    That phase would put me off someone so quickly. I never used it as a teenager never mind now.
  • Options
    I'm just wandering because i'm kind-of seeing this guy whose 22 and i was just thinking if things did progress how and when would i know if we were going ?

When he tells you that he loves you? ;):heart:
  • Options
    My boyfriend said about a month into seeing each other (before we had slept together) "Um... I kind of see you as my girlfriend now..." I was like "Whoop! You do?" It was nice and it just came out of his mouth natural-like. That's the way to go I think. Don't worry about what you're going to say, just say whatever, so long as it feels right, it's cool.
  • Options
    With my main girlfriend, she said "I love you" and I said "I love you too". We were both 17 at the time.