Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How long does it take for drugs to to leave your blood stream?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I quite fancy donating blood later this week, but don't fancy it if ketamine's still floating around my system, know?

I know ecstacy leaves your system in 2 days, but does that also account for your bloodstream?

Comments

• Options
    So long as you didn't mainline it they should have no problem with it. You can disclose these details to the Nurse who assesses you in full and complete confidence, if you feel comfortable doing that. I've done it before when giving blood, they're trained not to react or be judgemental on these matters; all they are concerned about is that your blood is safe to take.

2-4 days is the answer you are looking for, although that is an estimate and will vary with physiology, fluid intake and exhertion.
  • Options
    you do however, have t o weigh at least A hundred and ten ithink it is pounds. so eat your kebab and be nreey
  • Options
    2-4 days is the answer you are looking for, although that is an estimate and will vary with physiology, fluid intake and exhertion.

Even if it was still in your blood, would it make it into the blood product at the end anyway?

I know that its filtered and seperated, could the ketamine get through this process? And even if it could would it be in high enough concentrations to actually work on the person recieving the blood?
  • Options
    Tbh, id leave it longer than that.
    I think if youre an active regular drug user probably best that you dont give blood.
  • Options
    I know that its filtered and seperated, could the ketamine get through this process? And even if it could would it be in high enough concentrations to actually work on the person recieving the blood?

that i don't know. i'm just thinking of the process up until the point where they take it.
    Tbh, id leave it longer than that.
    I think if youre an active regular drug user probably best that you dont give blood.

i disagree. i think you should go and let them decide whether or not the want it, they can always say no, as long as you give them full disclosure.
  • Options
    fair enough, but you could go along and say look, I take various drugs nearly every weekend. Do you want my blood?

They will say no. Guaranteed.

They say theyre desperate, but they dont half have a lot of restrictions.
    So many that it makes me think they dont really test it much at all.
  • Options
    Fairly quickly I thought ? I've always wandered though
  • Options
    These are the times it takes for drugs to leave your system in a urine test...

Alcohol - 12 to 24 hours

Amphetamines (Speed) - 2 to 4 days

Cannabis - 2 to 7 days, but up to 1 month for regular users

Cocaine/Crack - 12 hours to 3 days

Ecstasy/MDMA - 2 to 4 days

Heroin - 1 to 2 days

LSD - 2 to 3 days

Unfortunately it doesn't have Ketamine on the list.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    These are the times it takes for drugs to leave your system in a urine test...

donating urine is she? :crazyeyes

:lol:
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    donating urine is she? :crazyeyes

:lol:

Nah I think he's taking the piss. :yeees: :shocking:
  • Options
    :d
  • Options
    A vet might know :P
  • Options
    According to this website, Ket can stay in your system for 2-4 days.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Check the NBS website, because I am fairly sure you can't give blood if you are a drug user, although that could only be injected drugs.

The nurses that ask the questions are really good, but do make sure you are completely honest with them.

ETA, it seems to only be injected drugs. http://www.blood.co.uk/pages/flash_questions.html will ask you most of the questions.
  • Options
    I give blood regularly and I just make sure I don't take pills for a week beforehand... think it is worth my abstinence to be able to give blood.