Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's your pet hate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For me, it's people who make and break plans. I went through so much heartache last summer with that knob who used to do it all the time.

NOW...Himself and myself have finally got together (long term fuck buddy thing) and I'm really excited, our first proper date, and he cancels. Via text. "Not in the mood."

:( Fucking de ja vu all over again. Like seriously, I've shaved to within an inch of my life for tonight lol.

So, what pisses you off about dating?

Comments

• Options
    People that come across as desparate, can't take no for an answer and wonder why I'd rather be single than go out with them...
  • Options
    When I was dating mainly:

* When guys chase and chase you, start dating you, then do a u-turn and try to make out that you were doing the chasing.

* Lack of manners e.g. dumping/cancelling things over text - hope you're ok. Is there something else you can do, like getting together with a friend or something?
  • Options
    Aww yea, what happened was I had made plans to go out with work ones this evening. That was before he called up last night, and basically told me he wanted to go out. We were both excited, and he said we'd either drive up to the coast or go out for a drink.

My mate's just text me, "has he done a bad eddie on you?" (the nickname we gave knobhead last summer)

I'll go out and have a tipple of sherry. Thanks for the concern missus :heart:
  • Options
    Guys who are far too clingy, and guys who don't text back after acting as though they really fancy you and enjoying your company on a date etc. :grump:
  • Options
    Another pet ahet I have about dating people, is people who ask me to go out with them, me telling them yes just to shut them up and them say 'oh, it was a joke' and then their mates going on about it 5 years later...:rolleyes: :confused:
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    When I was dating mainly:

* When guys chase and chase you, start dating you, then do a u-turn and try to make out that you were doing the chasing.

* Lack of manners e.g. dumping/cancelling things over text - hope you're ok. Is there something else you can do, like getting together with a friend or something?

God i hate that. Blokes that chase an chase an chase then when you start actually liking them they're like yeah can't be bothered now love and make out your some sort of bunny boiler. Me thinks not lovey.
  • Options
    People who never have an opinion on what you should do/where you should go.

And as much with friends as girlfriends, people who never put their phone down when you're with them, yet whenever you text them, they take half a day to answer.
  • Options
    when people come round without phoning first.
  • Options
    Birds that play the Bloody jealously game!

I can't be bothered to go into details....Oh wait I can!:p

I mean the girl flirts/gets chatted up and tells you. You are fine with this because you trust her. She on the other hand, isn't happy that your cool with this.....

So in girl world all is not well :no:

She happens to get chatted up yet again, she tells you again. You decide to take a more serious view. She then laughingly (not in spiteful way) tells you that the chap chatting her up touched her bum - NOW!! questions are asked 'did you FUCKING stop him?' her Answer - 'of course I did!'

She then follows it up with a shocked sounding "how could you ask me that?", you then start to feel bad for asking. Then she throws in a "Should I have not told you?"

Clearly you'd rather know what's been happening to your gf whilst she been out clubbing. So you say 'of course I want to know baby' So she decides to put you out of your misery and tell you what's gone on. Turns out the young chap pinching her bum is about 17 and shouldn't' be in the club, she was laughing at his attempts to chat her up. She then says "Aww you got all jealous"

Yep welcome to the wonderful world of the jealous game. YOU'VE JUST BEEN PLAYED!:yeees:

But I love her still!!
    :o
  • Options
    People who never have an opinion on what you should do/where you should go.

Yep, and if you suggest something like the cinema or going to a certain restraunt then she sits there with a miserable face on the whole time you're there.

I don't mind that so much, cause I always tease her later about how she was in a mood earlier when she's finished her mood and comes looking for a cuddle ;)
  • Options
    Cheesey cock :p
  • Options
    Always doing what the other person wants and them ignoring any suggestions you make.

Them getting annoyed when you dont answer the phone or be ready at the time they want you to be.

Deciding their too tired to go out when they do phone and you have spent half an hour getting ready.

Too much clingyness.
  • Options
    Male arrogance grrrr
    and also shallowness
  • Options
    The hot and cold game,

i mean wtf?!
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    God i hate that. Blokes that chase an chase an chase then when you start actually liking them they're like yeah can't be bothered now love and make out your some sort of bunny boiler. Me thinks not lovey.
    I agree :yes:

Also I've been seeing a guy recently who obviously likes me quite a lot (as I do him) but refuses to even acknowledge that he does. Why?! :banghead: So frustrating!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Yep, and if you suggest something like the cinema or going to a certain restraunt then she sits there with a miserable face on the whole time you're there.

I don't mind that so much, cause I always tease her later about how she was in a mood earlier when she's finished her mood and comes looking for a cuddle ;)

do girls (in general) really do that? thats crazy! i'd expect myself to be without a boyfriend for much longer if i had a mood on when i went somewhere that i didnt object to in the first place.
  • Options
    Just to be strange, people who plan every minute detail of a night a week before it's going to to happen. I like spontinuity and am far happier if it's just oh should we see each other on whatever day and go for a meal etc. I can't handle having everything planned. I plan about a day in advance normally for everything apart from big occassions. Moods change..what I fancy doing a week in advance is not neccessarily what I'll want to do on the day.
  • Options
    Guys who never make any suggestions for dates. Why does it always have to be coming up with ideas (ok, my ideas are better but it would be nice to not always have to think of things and then get the blame/feel responsible if it's not that good).

My pet hate...guys who think if you ask someone to do something in a few weeks that you want to marry them and stop them ever having fun. Sometimes, you need to know something in advance in order to get tickets/put names down.

I've been seeing my bloke for about 6 months and am trying to plan something for a few weeks time. If I ask about it, it's all umming and ahhing, as if it's some huge form of commitment to just say yes, I want to come to a free day out.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Guys who are far too clingy, and guys who don't text back after acting as though they really fancy you and enjoying your company on a date etc. :grump:

Totally one of my pet hates too
  • Options
    When people are bullshitting. I'm always pretty upfront when I meet people about my intentions and what I do/don't expect from them. When I meet chaps I generally try and work out where I stand from the off and say at the end of the evening something along the lines of "look, if this is just for tonight then lets just leave it at that and have no pretences about calling or texting", which is cool with most people. What is NOT COOL is when a guy bangs on about how he wants more than that, he wants to see you again and then DOESN'T FUCKING CALL :mad:
  • Options
    My worst hate was not being a driver and having to take two busses, then a train and finally another bus before I reached her. That's Highley for you (village just outside Bridgnorth, Shropshire).

It's much better now that I'm in Stafford. It has its own strain station :-)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Vanity. Women who think that if they don't look as "best" as possible they look bad put me off a lot.