Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sainsbury's Key Lime Pie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
LIES. It's just a wanky lime cheesecake. Teach me not to make my own.

Comments

• Options
    Lime chessecake just isnt good. I can deal with chocolate and or vanilla chessecake but not lemons or limes. Its just wrong :thumb:
  • Options
    key limes are not limes.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    lemon cheesecake is my fave, is lime similar? mmmm make me some Rubberskin, ta muchly!
  • Options
    It was OK, but not a Key Lime pie. Moany old bitch aint i ? :)
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    key limes are not limes.

what are they then ??
  • Options
    Key Limes are limes that only grow in a specific part of Florida 9uh, Florida Keys I'd guess :razz:) at a specific time of year... or something like that.

However, I make Key Lime Pie with "normal" limes and it is divine. I can only imagine the real thing would be utterly orgasmic but I have no plans to go to FL to find out.

But yeah, it's my favourite dessert, I love lime :yum:
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Key Limes are limes that only grow in a specific part of Florida 9uh, Florida Keys I'd guess :razz:) at a specific time of year... or something like that.

However, I make Key Lime Pie with "normal" limes and it is divine. I can only imagine the real thing would be utterly orgasmic but I have no plans to go to FL to find out.

But yeah, it's my favourite dessert, I love lime :yum:

I think i have had that before in Florida. I just dont like anything citrus or citrus flavour in desserts. Just doesnt taste good. Im only a fan of lime/lemon, squeezed over salads, chicken, kebabs or floating in my pint of Hoogarden or wedged in my Corona bottle :thumb:
  • Options
    Key limes, aka mexican limes originally came from the indo-mayalan region. Via traders, it made its way to north africa, mediterrian and hati where spanish settlers brought it to flordia. It became popular in the flordia keys, hence its name, though today, after a hurricane wiped out the lime groves and were never planted again, most key limes come from mexico. They are much smaller than limes and when ripe are yellow. Ripe key limes are sweet, while unmatured, green key limes are known for the acidity.

;)
  • Options
    Oh Manda, your wisdom knows no bounds :D
  • Options
    :yes: I know ;) Its one result of the many perks of sitting in the corner where everybody forgets about you (and thus not having much to do) at work.