Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The History of Oil

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think board members would be both amused and informed by this video;

Rob Newman's History of Oil

The movie can be viewed online, or downloaded for later viewing.

My opinion? I think its somewhat scary when we are hearing things of such importance from comedians. In olde times it was that the Court Jester might be the only one able to speak the truth, because of the safety net of parody that surrounded him.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

Very informative, and I liked his Antonio Banderas impression for Venezuela...
    A history of yer ma!

Erm, the petro dollar is basically keeping the American economy afloat, nothin new there then...there'll always be a world economic hegemon to which other states have to pander to. Until the introduction of the Euro all European currencies besically relied on the strenght of the Duestchmark for fuck sake.
    i was more thinking of the continuous foreign policy angle
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    A history of yer ma!

Erm, the petro dollar is basically keeping the American economy afloat,

clearly not.

Until the introduction of the Euro all European currencies besically relied on the strenght of the Duestchmark for fuck sake.

thaT was due to government incompetency not some fundamental reliance on something else