Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

something Italian, but what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I fancy pasta but I dunno what. Do you know anything simple to do with bacon that involves pasta (not a Carbonara)?

Comments

• Options
    make a spicy tomato sauce to go with the bacon instead or maybe pesto. this is sposed to be more healthy than creamy carbonara/cheesy sauces. you can use peppers, tomatoes etc.
  • Options
    I tend to use pancetta for this, but bacon works too. Dice the bacon and fry until crispy. Cook the pasta of your choice (I prefer linguini) and mix the two with lashings of garlic infused olive oil - or if you haven't got that, fry some cloves of garlic with the bacon to infuse the flavour and add olive oil to that at the end. Takes me about 10 minutes to do including the pasta cooking time.
  • Options
    Pizza hehe :p
  • Options
    To be fair you can't beat spag bol.

And some garlic bread.

Yum
  • Options
    Tin of chopped tomatoes, garlic puree, pepper, basil and whatever herbs ya like and i usually put some chilli sauce or worcester sauce in it to spice it up a little.
    Healthy sauce.

Add bacon and pasta!
  • Options
    Pizza hehe :p

Lol I was going to say that.
    Had a fucking lush one at 5am this morning after clubbing...I was on pills aswell so fuck knows why it tasted so good but it did.
  • Options
    Fish and chips? :naughty:
  • Options
    gnocchi, cheese sauce