Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bankruptcy papers?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm in the middle of house-sitting for someone and yesterday a bloke came to the door claiming to be a solicitor's representative (I think that's what he said - it happened a bit fast) and asked if I was Mr so-and-so (the mate I'm house sitting for), I said I wasn't but he handed me an envelope and said he was serving a bankruptcy notice on my mate and walked away.

What's the score with this now? My mate is abroad and I'll be speaking to him on tuesday but I always thought the papers have to be personally served on the individual in question?

Comments

• Options
    That sounds false.

I would imagine that a bankruptcy paper is mailed by post to the person in question.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey thanks for that! I have no idea what his financial state of affairs is all about, I passed the documents on to his brother this morning for them to sort out but it seemed to refer to a council tax debt of about 2 grand :crazyeyes

Still, he can sort it all out when he gets back :D