Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How many times

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you have to ignore someone, before you'd expect them to get teh hint that you don't like them and are never going to call them back?

Some bloke I gave my number to when drunk has phoned and phoned and phoned. I answered the phone by accident a couple of days ago and said I'd call him back, which I obviuosly didn't but damn, do I have to spell it out?

Comments

• Options
    This reminds me of that episode of Friends, where Chandler goes on a date with Rachel's boss, tells her they should "do it again sometime" and then doesn't call and Rachel gets really fed up with her boss wondering (and pestering Rachel) why he hasn't called!

Moral of the story: don't tell someone you'll call them back when you won't :p
  • Options
    but come on, when does "I'll call you" actually mean you'll call them? lol
  • Options
    i kissed this guy randomly like a year ago in a nightclub (i was wasted, one of those wasted pulls) we swapped numbers and texted a few times but thats it, and he STILL rings me, to this day. usually when hes drunk. i never answer apart from once time when i was drunk too and we were chatting shit. iv never ever seen him since either!

some people just dont get the hint.
  • Options
    a year later! ah ha ha, unlucky!
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    a year later! ah ha ha, unlucky!

You won't be laughing this time next year if you keep telling him you'll call him back :p
  • Options
    dont, you'll jinx me!
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    dont, you'll jinx me!

Hehe :D :razz:
  • Options
    Hahaha, I love these situations. Well...

1.) next time he calls you can politely tell him you're not really interested, were a bit drunk when you gave out your number, but thanks anyway, please don't call again

2.) make up some excuse like you've recently got back with a boyfriend after being on a break/are being celibate/are moving to Timbuktu

or 3.) just continue what you're doing by avoiding answering the phone or keep telling him you're busy.

If he's this persistant, I'm guessing he must have liked you a lot though :p
  • Options
    get a male friend with a deep voice to answer and act all angry, "who the #@*~ are you!! why u ringin my gal blud" kinda thing. should give the geezer the hint
  • Options
    lol, i like number 2 lol if worst comes to worst get a boy to answer the phone when he calls next he should get the hint then
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    get a male friend with a deep voice to answer and act all angry, "who the #@*~ are you!! why u ringin my gal blud" kinda thing. should give the geezer the hint

:lol: or that
  • Options
    Ever thought of honesty? Christ, it's not like you plan on meeting him again anyway?
  • Options
    Honesty would be the unwimpy way out... I do need to tell him. I'll send him a text- happy now all you conscience barons? lol
  • Options
    Nah I meant "Well, I thought you were sweet when I gave you my number, but now I think that you're a bit of a stalker. Stay the fuck away from me, freak"...
  • Options
    Lol, oh thats a bit too honest I think !

I once had some bloke that I didn't pull ringing me for weeks. I'm dead friendly with everyone and was chatting to him one evening after the club closed waiting for a taxi, it came I said goodbye and went home. The following week my friend stupidly gave him my number, it was my land line and I still lived at home with my parents at the time. He must have called every hour, on the hour, from 9am on Sunday to 3pm at which point my mum got sick of telling him I was still in bed and wouldnt get up till after songs of praise, brought the phone upstairs dragged me out of bed and demanded I either tell him I wasnt interested or get up and go meet him.

He was a bit stalkerish, I told him I had a boyfriend and wasnt interested, the following Saturday he was out again and had the cheek to call me a cock tease and gave my male friend who was out with us a right verbal going over about how much of a slapper I was and that he would catch something if he went with me.
  • Options
    Nah I meant "Well, I thought you were sweet when I gave you my number, but now I think that you're a bit of a stalker. Stay the fuck away from me, freak"...

That's a little too honest.
  • Options
    i kissed this guy randomly like a year ago in a nightclub (i was wasted, one of those wasted pulls) we swapped numbers and texted a few times but thats it, and he STILL rings me, to this day. usually when hes drunk. i never answer apart from once time when i was drunk too and we were chatting shit. iv never ever seen him since either!

some people just dont get the hint.

i hate guys like that, it always makes me think god how desperate!