Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worried about baby

Well basically, I am 19 weeks pregnant to the day. For the past 3 weeks or so I have felt the baby moving, and for about a week it has been getting quite frequent and strong, strong enough for my boyfriend to have felt the baby.
Anyway, a few days ago my boyfriend was pressing down slightly on my belly, and the baby kicked him quite hard. Since then, nearly 3 days ago baby doesn't seem to be moving, not only that but I've stopped having to pee all the time and during the night, and I'm sleeping again!
Is it just a coincidence?
Got my scan on tues, so worried something might be wrong though, especially with this being our first baby I don't know what to expect.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could just be that the babys back is against your tummy so you won't be feeling the kicks. As for the less peeing thing you probably just haven't drank enough. As even if the worst had happened you would still have the same pressure on the bladder so try not to worry.
    I had several times when i worried that i hadnt felt the baby move and all was ok, but if really worried i would contact your midwife for reassurance. She can come out and check heartbeat.
    Btw congratulations as i didn't know you were pregnant.
  • Options
    Thanks. Glad for the support, got a little prod or two from the baby a few minutes ago so feeling abit better now. As you've said, probably just turned around now.
  • Options
    ooh congratulations! I know you've felt it now already, but I was going to agree that the baby might just have moved around. Bring it up with your midwife anyway so that they can check and put your mind at ease.
  • Options
    I'm glad you have elt it move now, i am soooo pleased for you that you are pregnant, i have been following your progress for a long time :).
    Gonna scan in your scan pics tuesday? :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I have scan pictures from last time (12 week scan) but may aswell wait until tuesday and will post the new ones :) Hoping to find out the sex too. Didn't want to post too much about me being pregnant to be honest, what with people trying to conceive posting on here too.
  • Options
    Well feel free to email/pm if you ever wanna chat to someone thats been there.
  • Options
    Wow, how fast has 19 weeks gone? :eek:

Definatly post your scan pics when you get them! :D
  • Options
    I know, only feels like a few weeks ago we found out, let alone months! I have the first scan pics on my myspace if you want to have a look
    www.myspace.com/giannyuk
  • Options
    Congrats Janjan! I didn't post in your threads but I followed your progress. Congratulations :)
  • Options
    Congratulations! I am 19 weeks pregnant to the day too! It's great that you have been able to feel the baby for 3 weeks, i've maybe felt the baby 3 times in the entire time? This is my first baby too, so i haven't got a clue what is normal and what isn't. I don't have my scan for another 10 days though, so i guess i'll find out then. Let us know how your scan goes!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I am 19 weeks pregnant to the day too! It's great that you have been able to feel the baby for 3 weeks, i've maybe felt the baby 3 times in the entire time? This is my first baby too, so i haven't got a clue what is normal and what isn't. I don't have my scan for another 10 days though, so i guess i'll find out then. Let us know how your scan goes!

It's probably different for each baby so I guess there's no need to worry.
  • Options
    Yeah it really does depend on the baby, and the size of yourself too (i.e. stomach tonedness etc). :)
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I have scan pictures from last time (12 week scan) but may aswell wait until tuesday and will post the new ones :) Hoping to find out the sex too. Didn't want to post too much about me being pregnant to be honest, what with people trying to conceive posting on here too.

Aww janjan. Im sure that even people TTC wouldnt begrudge you your happiness. I know even when I was ttc I was still happy to hear about other peoples good news. :D
  • Options
    lol, when I was ttc I hated anyone who got pregnant! lol
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I realised this morning even though my baby doesn't react to sugary stuff or chocolate, he/she LOVES toast
  • Options
    mine used to get active after any meal really, but chocolate was always a winner for getting me kicked in the ribs.
    When I went for my 3D scan they suggested on thre leaflet drinking lucozade or eating chocolate about 30-45 minutes before the scan to get baby nice and active.
  • Options
    I didn't think u were meant to drink anything like that when pregnant. Is it just a one off quick sip thing?
  • Options
    well its full of crap and colourings, so i wouldnt drink it pregnant or not, but thats what they said on the leaflet. I just ate the chocolate :yum:
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan. Don't suppose there is any trick to make sure baby doesn't have his/her legs crossed??
  • Options
    nah lol.
  • Options
    Aww, will just have to wait and see then. Hope the baby isn't being shy tho. Can't wait to buy little dresses, ...or male alternative, pants?
  • Options
    Aw, brilliant! Good luck for your scan, sure everything'll be fine.

Probably tired themselves out from doing acrobatics in yer belly, ha.
  • Options
    Can't believe you're 19 weeks already!
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Can't believe you're 19 weeks already!

Hehe, that's what I was thinking too! :)
  • Options
    wow, its been ages!!! it feels like just a few weeks ago she posted saying she was pregnant :p

Oh and Janjan, if you're worried about me then dont be silly....its not your fault im an infertile wreck :p
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    Oh and Janjan, if you're worried about me then dont be silly....its not your fault im an infertile wreck :p

Your time will come hunny!! :yes:
  • Options
    Your time will come hunny!! :yes:
    i know but its just such a pain in the arse waiting when its all you really want.

And Janjan....PLEAAAAAAAASE post pics when you go for your scan :heart: it will make me all warm and fuzzy inside :)
  • Options
    I'll post pics when I got home on tuesday I promise! Hope you're all doing well too. How's it going Amira?