Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guy Friend/Drunken Blurting

Hai. On Friday it was my last ever day of uni, and as it customary on these landmark events in my life I celebrated by going out and getting absolutely twatted. ANYHOO. We had been drinking lots before we went out (believe me, level of alcohol consumption is relevant), and when we were walking up to the dome one of my dude friends who I've had a bit of a thing for since forever (well, since I met him) was moaning about how he never has any chicklets after him. Not even just dropping it into the chatter, but PROPER WHINING. So I drunkenly blurted out "For fucks sake, I've been coming on to you since I met you and you never bloody well notice, so don't say noone likes you because I would *insert inappropriate sexual comment here*." Or something to that effect. Then, I very smoothly tripped and fell over (hence relevance of drinkage-I'm not clumsy!) thus ending that conversation as I were more concerned about whether I was ok or not.

SO. That brings us to now. I haven't seen him since, and I'm not sure how much he had been drinking at that point in the night and whether he remembers or not, so not really sure what to do next. I don't know when we randomly will see each other again, or I'd just chat to him then about it. Any ideas? Normally I wouldn't care about doing the right/wrong thing, but seeing as I played it so cool on Friday I thought I might try and be NORMAL this time when I speak to him.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ahahaha, what an adorable situation!

Have you text him or has he text you? Do you have his number?

I would wait and see how he reacts to you when the pair of you next meet and if he comes across all weird and blokey then I'd judge your next move.

Failing that and if the 'not knowing' kills you then confront him?

Argh, I'm rubbish at this. I never let a lad know I like him unless I know it's safe to do. I never blurt, haha. Sorry!
  • Options
    We've both had each others numbers for ages, but I haven't heard anything from him and haven't text or rang him. Thats not really that unusual though, hes really functional with his phone and literally only uses it if its completely necessary.

And I never usually blurt either, it was pure madness. I realise that now :razz:
  • Options
    Haha that's funny. Send him a txt asking what's up and go from there.
  • Options
    Hahaha, bet you feel a TINY bit better tho ?
  • Options
    I think... if you really want to be mates, why not the next time you see him, just ask if his girl situation is any better? Like you would to any of your other mates if they'd said the same thing.

Hope you feel less embarrassed, lol.
  • Options
    I agree with the others, I'd sort of refer to it (he needs to know you remember and meant it!) but not necessarily repeat it or directly ask for a response.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I agree with the others, I'd sort of refer to it (he needs to know you remember and meant it!) but not necessarily repeat it or directly ask for a response.

If you get on well enough maybe make a joke of it and say "I was so wasted on Friday I didnt say anything silly did I?" (or words to that effect) and see if he mentions it or not.
  • Options
    Aw bless! Do you regret telling him this? If its kinda been bubbling under the surface for ages then maybe you should bite the bullet and see if anything can come out of it. Do you think he likes you? Maybe he was just COMPLETELY oblivous that you like him (men can be like that sometimes!!) I got with my boyfriend of 2 years in a very similar situation to you, and he didn't realise I liked him forever! Send him a text saying something platonic like 'ouch my head hurt this morning, too much alcohol, how do you feel?' etc.
    Let us know how it goes! x
  • Options
    some people are flirt-blind
  • Options
    Ask him for a shag and see how he reacts. :p
  • Options
    Just dance with him on a night out when both a little unsober, sneek in a kiss and take it from there. if he pulls away then nothing lost nothing gained n all that. if he responds, jackpot. sorted.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Ask him for a shag and see how he reacts. :p

:rolleyes: Why is that such a male thing to do/say? :p

I'm am rather flirt blind though so Icey's advise would work with me.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Why is that such a male thing to do/say? :p
    A hole is a goal. Even if it is the one on your mate's arse. :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Update: He came into the office on Thursday to see a mutual friend of ours, and afterwards walked me over to my training session thing-things were different, but not weird awkward different. We couldn't exactly talk about it as said mutual friend was walking in front of us and I was on my way to my training thing, but he pretty much let me know that he remembered what I said and was all cuddly and affectionate, which normally he really isn't with anyone. So currently, its looking good :D
  • Options
    Its often a good way to get into someone, drunken blurting that is...
  • Options
    Update the second: He doesn't like me in that way, and in fact STILL has a massive thing for one of my best friends, who isn't even fucking interested. Bloody typical.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    Update the second: He doesn't like me in that way, and in fact STILL has a massive thing for one of my best friends, who isn't even fucking interested. Bloody typical.
    Sorry to hear that *hugs* but least you know now so there is no need to pussy foot around it.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that *hugs* but least you know now so there is no need to pussy foot around it.

Yeah, thats pretty much why I just asked him outright. Now I can just get on with stuff and not waste my efforts with him, and we both know where we stand :)
  • Options
    Best to now know, eh. Sorry though, but you'll get someone eventually mate!
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Just dance with him on a night out when both a little unsober, sneek in a kiss and take it from there. if he pulls away then nothing lost nothing gained n all that. if he responds, jackpot. sorted.

:yes:

ETA: Oops, just read the update.
    Never mind, that kinda thing happens all the time to myself and others. It sucks hard but at the end of the day, it's better to know and now you can try and move on.