Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blokes who go completely cold

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
//

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he's a bit freaked out? Just speaking from personal experience to be honest, if I'm getting a bit freaked out by a relationship I tend to go a bit quiet towards my partner. Maybe he's the same?
  • Options
    Has anything happened Kat ? From what you've been saying things seemed to be going quite well for you.
  • Options
    They have problems with communicating and being honest?

Shit when that hapepens because you just want to know whats going on but don't want to hound them wth texts and calls so you feel really frustrated!
  • Options
    //
  • Options
    I was going out with someone and he just went really weird on me, wouldn't talk to me on the phone or text me back but he sounded really down as well though. This lasted for about 5 days until I went mad at him and he admitted it was because he had serious feelings ofr me and knew that I didnt.. (which was true but I told him otherwise). Guys are weird lol.

Katchika, have you sent him any texts or tried to call him?
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Yeah things have been going quite well. I think he may have got freaked out because I had to get the morning after pill (this was weeks ago though). He's been fine since then so not sure why he would suddenly go all strange. He's one of those people that it's hard to get close to, it's going very slowly, maybe he's just gone off me. :(

Oh hun, I'm sure he's not gone off you. Sounds to me like he needs space, so perhaps let him ne for a while? Maybe drop him a text just to say hi, ptherwise, leave him to come to you. If he's hard to get close to, as you say he is, he might be struggling with his feelings a bit.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Katchika, have you sent him any texts or tried to call him?

I haven't called him. I text him on Friday asking if he was still going to the seaside and to bring me back some rock. No answer.
  • Options
    My blokes not ignoring me he has changed (you'l see if you read my thread "any advice will do") and i dont know why it is maybe its because of what girls have done to him in the past hes a bit scared of settling down properly i dont know. But i think that you should try and talk to your bloke see whats up with him see if theres anything on his mind. Have you tried emailing him or if youve both got msn have u tried to talk to him on there?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Out of topic (sorry Katchika), but I just have to say this:
    lipsy wrote: »
    he admitted it was because he had serious feelings ofr me and knew that I didnt.. (which was true but I told him otherwise). Guys are weird lol.
    Right, you lie about something as important as that and then you say "guys are weird"? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I haven't called him. I text him on Friday asking if he was still going to the seaside and to bring me back some rock. No answer.

I would text him a bit later on and ask him if he had a nice weekend and what did he get up to. Unless you speak on the phone lots and if so I'd give him a call tonight.
  • Options
    Out of topic (sorry Katchika), but I just have to say this:

Right, you lie about something as important as that and then you say "guys are weird"? :rolleyes:

Well if you want me to go into detail :rolleyes: I told him I had feelings for him but I just wasn't *there* yet. So I didn't really lie.
  • Options
    //
  • Options
    Oh I didn't realise he had ignored you twice. How long have you 2 been seeing each other for? I hate game playing too which is why I would call him because I'd want to know whats going on. I think there comes a point in a relationship where you stop counting how many texts someone has sent or trying not to appear too keen. That sort of thinking usually only happens during the first month or so of seeing someone. If it carries on then things won't ever go anywhere because you'll still be game playing and giving out the wrong signals.
  • Options
    No way. In the tennis of texting I have now served twice and got no return. I'm not willing to make it a third, I'm stepping off court now.

New balls please :D
  • Options
    Damnit, I hate game playing

Me too, thank fuck i'm 40 and past all that shit :)
  • Options
    Ugh, can't be fucked with sexual politics at all. Stupid men.

I just give up with them. Especially if they're aged 26, almost 27 and pull shit like that. They can suck my chuddies for all I care.

It's horrible I know, but you can either attempt to hassle them (occasionally to no avail) however I'd just leave them to it and move on.
  • Options
    It's usually because they're scared of where things are going. Understandable really and we can all be like that. Women are better at coming to terms with and talking about those emotions, which is where the problems come from. Just give him space and let him come back when he wants but make sure you discuss how you feel about him being like this and so on at that point.
  • Options
    its seems to be the tactic of the month at the moment...i've heard of this happening a lot recently...

don't take it personally, there are so many pricks, and so few gems...
  • Options
    have you heard from him yet?
  • Options
    /
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I just give up with them. Especially if they're aged 26, almost 27 and pull shit like that. They can suck my chuddies for all I care.

True! Would just about understand it from a younger bloke, but blokes this age have presumably had relationships before and should know better than to just leave you hanging..sadly, however, they don't seem to get any better with age....started seeing a 35 year old who proceeded to do the same to me!!!:no:

Hope there ARE some good men out there, but it's best to treat the stupid ones like this like children or puppies or something who need to be trained...or even better, just move on to someone nicer.....:thumb:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    True! Would just about understand it from a younger bloke, but blokes this age have presumably had relationships before and should know better than to just leave you hanging..sadly, however, they don't seem to get any better with age....started seeing a 35 year old who proceeded to do the same to me!!!:no:

I've found they do get better with age. Split up with my fella 3 years ago partly cos of this. Got back with him recently and he's completely changed so they can improve :)
  • Options
    Call him, maybe he's lost his mobile.
  • Options
    lol.. call his landline or something i assume you mean?
  • Options
    Maybe he means call his mobile and see if it rings out
  • Options
    I have to admit this hasn't actually happened to me as such but i can tell you i'd have had enough of ignoring him if that was me, i'd have told him to get some balls or fuck off by now.
  • Options
    Hm, I always just reply to texts when I get a minute but nobody really goes days and weeks without getting a minute to reply.

Usually if he doesn't reply then chances are he just isn't interested, but if you've been sort of together for a few months then it's maybe a bit different. Get the ultimatium out to him.
  • Options
    I really wanna know whats happening now Katy! Thats so weird that hes just stopped, especially as you've been seeing each other regularly...

Men are so weird.
  • Options
    Even being a bloke myself, I struggle to explain why we sometimes go like this. It could be anything. There could be an issue going on his family, for instance. If that was the case, I would go very quiet for a couple of days, though him being totally silent is going too far. Or he could be wondering about his feelings for you. Not necessarily in a bad way. Men just like their own space when in deep thought.
  • Options
    /