Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hangover food

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I am sat here suffering (still - must be my age) and thinking about what I fancy.

I normally want chips and all manner of grease-ridden food. But my friend was saying she needs to drink a bottle of fanta.

What do you eat to make you better when the big nasty alcohol man came and got you?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nandos :yum:

Always does the trick !
  • Options
    Irn Bru, fried bread and salted popcorn does it for me :yum: but not for my waistline!
  • Options
    Bacon butty, slightly toast the bread and loads of brown sauce. Goes down a treat.
  • Options
    Anything fatty or with a lot of taste... fry up, chips & gravy/curry, pot noodle :sour:

alcohol hangovers are the devil's work!
  • Options
    calypo or something similar

sorts me right out!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I gave into the urge to have KFC....oh I feel better! :)
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I gave into the urge to have KFC....oh I feel better! :)

KFC is nice when your hungover. There used to be a KFC around the corner from me in North London, perfect for some munchies in the afternoon.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Dr pepper and a fry up then lots of water always does the trick for me :)
  • Options
    Pizza! With loads of cheese, mushrooms and jalapeno peppers. Winner. Sausage and egg sandwich is pretty good too. Antyhing bad for you tastes amazing :)
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Bacon butty, slightly toast the bread and loads of brown sauce. Goes down a treat.

this is my suggestion also. has to be hp sauce though - no other brown crap.
  • Options
    nothing sweet. Just pizza, lasagna, chickenbreasts with rice. Actually what's my favourite food when I am sober too.
  • Options
    I do not get a hangover if I have salt and vinegar walkers and a can of diet coke before bed!

If I do get a hangover though weetabix is good. Other than that a long shower and sleep!!
  • Options
    Cup of tea and a McDonalds breakfast sorts me out no end :D

Though to be fair, the last time I had a hangover, the firemen came to see me... a big red truck outside and 6 firemen knocking on your door to see how you are does wonders for your mind as you stand there wondering what on earth they want :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Irn Bru (the proper stuff) and a bacon sarnie. Does it every time :thumb:
  • Options
    Tomato soup and couple of slices of bread, followed by pizza an hour or so later.
  • Options
    Diet coke and bacon sarnies. Loads of fluids as well. Buttery toast helps as well.
  • Options
    i prevent hangovers by drinkin a hell of a lot of water when i get back/in bed, and try to eat at least 1 slice of bread - but lately have got into the habit of buyin a sibway or kebab to soak up the alcohol the night bfor. Day after - honerstly ive neva had a hangover!! But i would prob say a sausage sandwich!
  • Options
    Mushrooms on toast or fried egg sandwich, chippy chips, soup with lots of bread, generally anything stodgy/fatty!
  • Options
    Have to say, Irn-bru just fucks with my stomach even more, I know that's not a very Scottish thing to say but it's true!

Best staying away from all fizzy drinks, still stuff like that Lucozade flavoued water stuff always used to sort me out proper. Food wise, a nice thick meatballs from Subway usually does the trick too.

Hope you're feeling less rough now anyway, you nutter :razz:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Food wise, a nice thick meatballs from Subway usually does the trick too.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, a Subway with extra jalapeños is great for a hangover
  • Options
    I always want cheese melted somehow. It tends to be on chips, in a burger or over chicken down the pub with a pint of coke.
  • Options
    most mornings after drinking i always fancy a biig bowl of cereal. generally makes me feel better!!
    had some this morning in fact!! .. but then i followed it up shortly afterwards by having some waffles. made me feel quite ill again!
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote: »
    honerstly ive neva had a hangover!!

Some people have all the luck!
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Though to be fair, the last time I had a hangover, the firemen came to see me... a big red truck outside and 6 firemen knocking on your door to see how you are does wonders for your mind as you stand there wondering what on earth they want :D

Yeah, last time i was massively hungover I had a policeman at my door at 9am cos someone had smashed the window of my car. That wakes you up! Though, i was like 'yeah, good, you've told me now. Can i go back to bed please?!' Also, i had to drive the car to the repair place and as i was getting into it i was trying very hard not to breathe on the policeman, as i'm sure i was still over the limit :D

My hangover cure: a bottle of coke and some takeaway. It doesn't matter which takeaway, as long as it's greasy and bad for you. Or a fry up. Yum :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Irn Bru, fried bread and salted popcorn does it for me :yum: but not for my waistline!

Yep Irn Bru, actually anything fizzy does the trick for me and something really salty...salt and vinegar crisps or chips with loads of salt on. Probably the worst thing to eat when you are already dehydrated but it works for me.
  • Options
    Cold pizza and diet coke :yum:
  • Options
    lucozade, alcsa salza, + pizza / grilled cheese sandwich