Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

closure wanted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
rather than giving out the whole long story and boring you to death i'll put it into a very short sentence:

I NEED CLOSURE!

I had a very big bust up with a mate and we tried to patch it up, whcih seemed to work and then she stopped taking my calls...

theres a lot of unfinished buisness there and i really feel like i need to ask her why she did that, but i can't get hold of her. I'm not really sure if i want to make up with her and become all hunky dory again, because she seriously betrayed my trust and our friendship, but i just want to know why...

how do i go about doing this, or how do i go about dropping it altogether, though it's difficult to drop and forget a friendship that you have had for years....

thanks

Comments

• Options
    I would talk to them about it. Just ask, if she doesnt respond, try harder, if she doesnt respond then dont try again, try and forget it.

However I am in a similar situation. I had quite a bad break up lately (we hadonly been together a couple of weeks - but were mates bfor this). And basically he dumped me for apparently tellin EVERYONE that we were together (i only told a couple of really close mates) but it musta got out somehow (as we used to date a couple of years bfor this) and he found out id told EVERYONE i know at college. He wanted to keep the whole thing quiet so his ex (who he was still in love with btw) didnt find out. So he dumped me and now ive realised that actually he is the idiot and i did nothing wrong, and i SO want to have a go at him saying how all this was his fault and that he is a ****. But also dont know how to go about it. lol....rant over
  • Options
    wow - that sounds like my ex best friend and i. best friends for - 12?years, and then she left school, i started going out with guys seriously and we started to drift apart. then we had a massive falling out before her coming crawling back tail between her legs, but then i was going through some major problems and she was never there for me. i confronted her about it and now she just ignores me, even when we're out together in a group.

i say forget em. no one like that is worth it. and it's times like these that you find out who your REAL friends are.
  • Options
    Write a letter / email

Just be honest, say what you think, how you feel about the situation

Mention you want some sort of closure, want to know where you stand.

If you get no response, just forget it and move on.

Just dont try to drag it on if its blatently not going to work. Just hassle and stress that wont benefit anyone.

It is difficult, but change happens, just gota deal with it.
  • Options
  • Options
    I had a very big bust up with a mate and we tried to patch it up, whcih seemed to work and then she stopped taking my calls...

I don't know about you, but if I've had an argument with a friend of mine, I always find it much better to have a break from them for a bit because if we don't have a break, then all we'll do is argue. (again)
  • Options
    this was a month ago, and i have tryed to get in touch but got nothing. but i just cannot stop thinking about it...we patched things up and then she stopped taking my calls...what the hell did i do to deserve that?
  • Options
    but there you got some kind of explaination...

I've had nothing but a "oh she doesn't want to talk to you" from a friend than answered her phone...

why the fuck am i feeling like this?
  • Options
    because we share many mutual friends and it's just going to make things difficult if we both get invited to something...

i need to learn not to hold grudges
  • Options

i need to learn not to hold grudges

:yes:

But you shouldn't feel bad that you will be at the same parties etc.. You have just as much right to be there, who knows it might be the perfect opportunity to sort things out once you have had a couple of drinks.

I know whenever my flat mate and I fell out. We would just go and get pissed, and forget all about it. :D
  • Options
    it's a. bit more complicated, and i can just see myself getting violent...i don't know why, i'm not a violent person...

ok...well, i need my mind to stop running the whole thing through my head again...
  • Options
    Lifes too short mate at the end of the day.

Funny though that several of the girls who replied had problems with their best mates cos of boys! It seems the prudent advice would be to put friends first. But either way;

if they don't want to talk then sod them, there are plenty of other people out there who'd love to be your friend and you shouldn't have to chase one person because they're having a tantrum. Give it a few weeks and it will have blown over and they'll realise they were the ones being dumb.
  • Options
    it's a. bit more complicated, and i can just see myself getting violent...i don't know why, i'm not a violent person...

ok...well, i need my mind to stop running the whole thing through my head again...

If you don't think you can stop yourself from being violent then you should try and avoid this person. If you violent toward them, you will loose the moral highground.

I don't know the in's and out's of what happened but maybe take some time out from eachother. When you have calmed down and do not see yourself being violent to this person then maybe you can work at building your friendship again.
  • Options
    i haven't seen or heard from this person in weeks, but i have to say that i'm really starting to not care anymore...

lets just hope they get a good dose of karma
  • Options
    shadow wrote: »
    My friend suffers from depression. He does not make an effort at all though. I got really annoyed with him i had a go at him.

You have to understand that he has problems though and you having a go at him will just make things worse.

TT - if you think you're going to get violent, then stay away from them for a while.
  • Options
    i won't be seeing her for a good while, if ever again...

i don't think i'd actually get violent but i'd be a little angry...yes...but i'm letting go, it's all i can do....