Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

plaits - waves

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm planning on putting quite thick plaits into wet hair and letting it dry overnight to make my hair wavy. Anyone got any pictures of longer hair that's had it done afterwards when the plaits are out? I hope that makes sense.

Comments

• Options
    my hairdresser said to use a curling product which helps to make curls on wet hair, do about 6-8 plaits and then leave over night. then in the morning use like a diffuser, use your straightners to make a few random more pronounced curls and then loads of hairspray. i havent tried it yet though :p
  • Options
    ive just put in plaits literally 5 minutes ago and just read this post :eek:

but anyway, ive only ever done it twice before and thats been in the last week or so. first time i did it i left it over night before taking them out and it looked alright!! didnt go overlly wavy, just a nice amount. second time i did it and nothing happened!! my hair just went.. weird :p
    probably because my hair wasnt completely wet when i put the plaits in i guess!!

i wouldnt recommend doing french plaits tho :p my friend did that and she had a massive afro the next day :D

ive never tried doing more than 2 plaits at a time actually.. that would probably make the results better now i think about it!! twill try that another time
  • Options
    I was planning on doing 4 or 6 plaits. It it doesn't turn out right I'll just have to wash them, out. Hopefully it'll be fine *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    You really should be using some sort of curling product althought if you don't have one then its worth a try without.
  • Options
    I'll see what I can get tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    mine always looks horrid when i do this, its a horrid type of wave

maybe its because my hair is quite wavy naturally anyway and the waves go against each other? ahhh i dunno

let us know how it looks x
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Mine never looked good when I did this, dunno why, just always looked like I had plaited it, and with layers it went a bit wild.

That said, I never used any products on it, so follow Lipsy's suggestion, and if it looks shit, just wash it again like you say.
  • Options
    I always used to just mousse my hair after it's been dried a bit, then blast with the diffuser.

beckydsaqg5.jpg
  • Options
    Damn sexy! hee hee
  • Options
    I actually managed to do loose curls with my straightners today! I've tried it a few times and it has always ended up a mess. Its probably because my hair is longer now with longer layers. But yeh :)
  • Options
    I'd do the curls with straighteners but I'm useless at doing it and my mam is even worse so that's out of the window.
    ETA: I doubt my brother and dad would do it hehe.