Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why men are useless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh sorry, PC brigade, that should be "why some men are useless." ;)

I was at work tonight, and they were holding a speed-dating event. Anyway, the men sat on one side of the room, and the women on the other obviously because they're not supposed to chat until they're put on tables together. Half an hour after the supposed start time, only four men and four women have turned up, it's declared a flop, and the bloke organising it say bye and leaves.

At this point, I'm expecting the blokes to get up and join the girls on the other side of the room for a chat. Do they fuck. They sit there doing fuck all for the next half-an-hour before one of the girls plucks up the courage to come up to them for a chat. She's talking to them for about 15 minutes, I leave for 5 minutes, come back, she's sat back down with her friends, and they've fucked off. I mean Jesus Christ, if you can't approach a group of girls who you know for a fact are single and in the building to meet men, no wonder you've resorted to someone else organising the whole thing for you. Is it any wonder there are so many single blokes claiming they never meet anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Men ARE useless.

The ones I tolerate are. The wrong ones. Sigh. I actually wanted to be with one who wouldn't attend the funeral of any of his family because he wanted to grieve in his 'own' time and not just what social protocol asked him to. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options

I was at work tonight, and they were holding a speed-dating event. Anyway, the men sat on one side of the room, and the women on the other obviously because they're not supposed to chat until they're put on tables together. Half an hour after the supposed start time, only four men and four women have turned up, it's declared a flop, and the bloke organising it say bye and leaves.

At this point, I'm expecting the blokes to get up and join the girls on the other side of the room for a chat. Do they fuck. They sit there doing fuck all for the next half-an-hour before one of the girls plucks up the courage to come up to them for a chat. She's talking to them for about 15 minutes, I leave for 5 minutes, come back, she's sat back down with her friends, and they've fucked off. I mean Jesus Christ, if you can't approach a group of girls who you know for a fact are single and in the building to meet men, no wonder you've resorted to someone else organising the whole thing for you. Is it any wonder there are so many single blokes claiming they never meet anyone?

What did you expect? Men are like that, due only down to nerves and uncertainty. I'd react the same way! They need to chill with their lads to feel a little more comfortable, anyway, a speed dating session with work mates? bit odd if you ask me...
  • Options
    :lol:

well I dont blame them, girls are scaaary :p
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »

well I dont blame them, girls are scaaary :p

They can be. What girl did you ever meet you took a fancy to that wasn't pissed or high on drugs?
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    What did you expect? Men are like that, due only down to nerves and uncertainty. I'd react the same way! They need to chill with their lads to feel a little more comfortable, anyway, a speed dating session with work mates? bit odd if you ask me...

I work in a restaurant ya tit. :p We were the venue.

Anyway, I could understand it a bit if the guys were all strangers, but three of them had come together, and the other one seemed to get along with them easy enough. Just reminds me of the time I was in a pretty empty club with mainly blokes in it. Two really hot girls come in and start dancing in the middle of the room. You can see every bloke in the room watching them, yet not one approached them for the half hour they were in there, and they left. I can't talk because I was included, but that was back in my quieter days. Just goes to show that the old chat up line "I might not be the best looking bloke in the room, but I'm the only one talking to you" is pretty accurate.
  • Options
    Why didn't the 4 girls go over to the guys? :p
  • Options

:banghead:
  • Options
    Why should the men have to go up to the women?

A lot of guys are nervous about approaching women, especially as some can be really bitchy and think they are too good for them.

I have a friend who, when we go out, blokes always stare at her, she's tall, long blonde hair, nice figure, attractive etc. But guys rarely approach her because they just presume she wouldn't be interested.
  • Options
    maybe the girls were not their type
  • Options
    Men are stupid insensitive muppets. Maybe they would be nicer if they had periods occasionally. Ok, ok, I'm hormonal and the very sight of men is offending me today, but still, they have a terrible habit of being insensitive and dumb.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »

A lot of guys are nervous about approaching women, especially as some can be really bitchy and think they are too good for them.

:yes:
    We fear rejection and humiliation like the plague.

ETA: A few drinks/lines later, and it's a completely different story though. ;)
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Men are stupid insensitive muppets. Maybe they would be nicer if they had periods occasionally. Ok, ok, I'm hormonal and the very sight of men is offending me today, but still, they have a terrible habit of being insensitive and dumb.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Agreed!
  • Options
    Oi! Be nice!
  • Options
    Oi! Be nice!

• Options
    Oi! Be nice!

Lol, Just like you were... :p
  • Options
    Men are extremely useless at many things i have come to realise

.. ahh well i guess women make up for what men lack
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol, Just like you were... :p

:blush: If you were hormonal like me you would understand
  • Options

Lol hehe, thank god I'm not!
  • Options

I, however, do understand.

Men are a bunch of wankers.. :razz:
  • Options
    I, however, do understand.

Men are a bunch of wankers.. :razz:

:rolleyes: Essex birds

:D
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Why should the men have to go up to the women?

Because the women were sat in the corner on the sofas with loads of space around them, whereas the blokes were stood in the middle of a restaurant where there were other people eating. I'm not saying that men should always have to go up to women, but I just thought it typified a lot of people who complain about never meeting anyone new, but then back down when a pretty much zero risk opportunity presents itself. I mean come on. You know they're single, you know they're up for meeting someone new. Maybe they weren't their type, but then why go speed dating if you're not up for meeting and chatting to people you wouldn't normally consider?
  • Options
    Most people are fairly useless, we are supposed to be the dominant species but 99% of us cant get food packaging open without swearing.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Most people are fairly useless, we are supposed to be the dominant species but 99% of us cant get food packaging open without swearing.

:lol: It's so true! Damn tin openers!
  • Options
    Right, I am AWARE that I will get an utter roasting for this one but here goes:

As you may have noticed, I am a tad tectchy and feeling the monthly blues right about now. I had this dream last night that himself pissed me off (I can't even remember what he did) and even now I'm awake I can't let it drop. I'm trying to be mad at him (um, yeah I know.... ) and he's just emailed me the lyrics to 'Flowers in the Window' by Travis which are beautiful and now I want to cry.Why do they have to do that?!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :lol: It's so true! Damn tin openers!

I always struggle with Jam Jars. I end up stabbing them with a knife to get them open :D

As you may have noticed, I am a tad tectchy and feeling the monthly blues right about now. I had this dream last night that himself pissed me off (I can't even remember what he did) and even now I'm awake I can't let it drop. I'm trying to be mad at him (um, yeah I know.... ) and he's just emailed me the lyrics to 'Flowers in the Window' by Travis which are beautiful and now I want to cry.Why do they have to do that?!

Sounds like you need a drink or a good shagging :p
  • Options

Lol I now remember why I ended my relationships and why I'm happy being single for a while!
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a drink or a good shagging :p

Both would be good
  • Options
    Both would be good

Well do something special tonight. He hasn't really done anything wrong. Arrange to have a night out, maybe go for some food then a few drinks. I'm sure it will cheer you up :thumb:
  • Options
    and he's just emailed me the lyrics to 'Flowers in the Window' by Travis which are beautiful and now I want to cry.

...snort...snigger

(sorry :lol::p )