Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lloyds TSB win overdraft charges case.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6657025.stm

Do you think this will be the end of people being able to claim back their bank charges?

Comments

• Options
    I hope not as we are currently waiting on a reply regarding £400 we are trying to claim back from Lloyds TSB...
  • Options
    crap! lol

I'm right in the middle of doing this with Barclays... and for a fair old amount as well! :(
  • Options
  • Options
    Although it's a set back don't start panicking yet - it's only a district judgement - this means it doesn't have any bearing over future cases.

I'd also suspect that this is a rogue judgement and that the guy will actually win on appeal. Most judges seem to have very little sympathy with the banks and their time wasting efforts through the court system ;)

maybe this a judge/magistrate who was pissed off with the banks time wasting and not taking this stuff to appeal, and so he inverted his judgement to get an appeal going, and so get it raised to a higher court.

For ther record, I think these charges are punitive, and so illegal. I'm not convinced it should be illegal.