Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hollywood to take smoking into account when rating films

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I guess it's part of being an American to be able to weild a small arsenal. (Something about being the land of the free and being free to smoke used to spring to mind before a certain Act came into force...)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    The gun lobby would never allow guns to be banned in movies. Its bad for business. Guess the tobacco lobby is no longer as strong as it once was. :thumb:

Though films like Die Hard would also be less exciting without weapons. Much as I bow to Bambi as a classic movie, it's a bit boring....
  • Options
    Though films like Die Hard would also be less exciting without weapons. Much as I bow to Bambi as a classic movie, it's a bit boring....

They could make Bambi a chain smoker :D
  • Options
    Well I guess it's part of being an American to be able to weild a small arsenal. (Something about being the land of the free and being free to smoke used to spring to mind before a certain Act came into force...)

Though never the freedom to take certain other drugs interestingly. :chin:
  • Options
    I really think that is stupid. People are getting so PC and obsessed with regulating everything. It drives me crazy.