Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Phones4U

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep at them about it. You don't get anywhere with robbing bastards like these by giving up at the first hurdle.

Be as much a pain as possible, because if you are annoying enough they'll give you a "goodwill" payment. If they're not paying you you should consider not paying the contractual money.

A professional adviser, such as at Consumer Direct, will probably be able to help you structure an argument against them.
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    it will just teach you to send it recorded next time, you have no proof that they have done anything wrong,

Helpful ?!
  • Options
    Local trading standards is the way to go, they will help you with it.

The most important thing to remember is that your issue is with Phones 4U and not Vodafone, who don't seem to have done anything wrong, Your contract is technically with Phones 4U, and they're solely responsible for your cashback and other offers - so Vodafone are under no obligation to reduce your contract outwith their own Terms and Conditions.

Having worked for 3, I can assure you that you're not alone because Phones 4U are amazingly incompetent and do stuff like this regularly. Keep Vodafone on your side though, if you start ranting at them then that'll come over on the notes on your account and you'll look more like a moany bastard trying to wangle some freebies, rather than an innocent young Welshman who just wants his money ;)
  • Options
    Keep at them about it. You don't get anywhere with robbing bastards like these by giving up at the first hurdle.

Be as much a pain as possible, because if you are annoying enough they'll give you a "goodwill" payment. If they're not paying you you should consider not paying the contractual money.

A professional adviser, such as at Consumer Direct, will probably be able to help you structure an argument against them.

Probably is that the money goes to vodaphone not phones4U. I'm going to give phones4U more calls tomorrow. Managers will be requested. My housemate had to do somethign vaguely similar to get anywhere when a comet van smashed into her parked car and they wouldnt pay up!

And yes local trading too. Thanks Bri. Im not that innocent though, or young! 21 now gosh.
  • Options
    You've got to be well careful with cashback schemes - I came across one recommended from Money Supermarket in an email this week. First it was an affiliate link so they instantly get like £110 to £30 commission if you signed up from that email.

Then I read the terms and the mobile phone company has so many clauses it's near impossible to get everything to them on time for the cashback. 1 tiny mistake or lost document and you're stuffed.

There's only 2 companies I can really recommend for cashback deals and both are online.

If the company says only original documents will be accepted that's a bit alarm bell to me.

cos if they go missing at your end or theirs you can't claim back the money.