Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Pain [warning...girly stuff]

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, i've been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries (as most of you probably know) and have been taking fertility meds as im trying to get pregnant. Not pregnant yet, but thats not the point of this thread.

For the past 2 and a half months i've been having increasingly bad pains on my cervix, it kills while having sex and when im trying to put a tampon in. I also have a mild aching pain throughout the day, and its not period pain. I also had the worst period pains i have ever had, i've had really bad ones but this was a whole other level of pain. Think puking, hot flushes, light headedness and feeling like i was about to pass out....all that on top of the most excruciating pain imaginable. Yet this months period is the lightest one i've ever had....even while i was on the pill.

Someone suggested maybe endometriosis...but i wanted to hear other opinions. Im going to see the doctor on Monday so i want to have looked up all the possible diagnoses so i dont feel like a dumb idiot.

Comments

• Options
    have you had a smear test?
  • Options
    I had my first one last August and it came up all clear. How often should i be having them btw?
  • Options
    i think it's very 5 years or at least 2 i could be wrong tho...

I've had quite a few gynocalogical things, words like polycystic ovaries and endo being used...but i just have a family trait of crap periods and (not that i've tried) infertility or miscarriages and ectopics (3 generations of only children)

have you had a pregancy test? just a thought...

sorry i'm not being very positive, but the other thought was pelvic inflammitory disease?
  • Options
    i've done two tests, one on Monday when i got my period and then another one just now. Both look clearer than ever saying a big fat no.

I thought it might be pre-cancerous cells as a friend of mine had that and she had terrible pain during sex. Also, my mum was just diagnosed with endometriosis a little over a year ago so God knows whats wrong with me.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I used to have pain during sex and painful periods (though not to the extent you are), and occassionally still do. I havent got a diagnosis, because they couldnt find anything wrong with me. I have no idea as such about the light period, but the only non - medical explanation I can come up with would be its just a light period. Again, I have months where there is next to nothing and other months where I am really heavy.

Is there any chance it could be the medication you are on? Perhaps suggest to your GP about changing to a different one if available?

I'm sorry, I cant think what it could be, but I hope that has perhaps put your mind at rest, that there simply could be just nothing wrong :)
  • Options
    I had something like this a few years ago- I was so ill that they admitted me to hospital- but never found anything actually wrong with me. Apparently, women can have tummy pain for lots of reasons, it can be nothing to worry about. On the other hand, endometrius sounds possible. Best thing will obviously be to wait and see what the doctor says. Hope it goes ok for you, and good luck with putting a baby in your belly :)
  • Options
    When I read your first thread the first thing that came to mind was Endometriosis.
    Amira wrote: »
    Also, my mum was just diagnosed with endometriosis a little over a year ago so God knows whats wrong with me.

Endo can be hereditory; if a member of your family has it, it increases the likelines of you having it and fertility treatment would encourage the growth of endo, which could explain these symptoms.

But of course its not the only possibility.
    I hope you're feeling better soon, it's really horrible suffering from pains like this. *hugs*
    I hope your doctor can shed some light on it and investigate to find out what the cause is.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about all that pain, it sounds unbearable. Hopefully your doctor will be able to shed some light. There's no harm in learning a bit about different conditions but it's probably best to wait until you speak to your GP rather than try and second guess what it could be. It could even be that the pain is linked to the PCOS.

This article about endometriosis may tell you a bit more about the condition, but try to keep an open mind until you've had a proper chat with your GP.

Good luck