Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the five things you did you regret

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im at work again bored

1. giving this lad my number
2. snorting pills
3. making my stepmum cry
4. not seeing my dad on his birthday
5. not eating the chinese my sister bought us (wasnt hungry)

shit .. thats quite a lot and only over the course of like, three days

Comments

• Options
    I don't regret anything. Ever. I've done some really, REALLY stupid stuff in my time but what's the point in regretting? You can't turn back time. I enjoyed doing most of the things I shouldn't have done, learnt from it, won't do it again.
  • Options
    i always say that i never regret but its a lie because i actually regret so much .. ive tried not regretting stuff but it dont work for me. i think too much i think
  • Options
    1. Not going to see my granddad before he died.
    2. Failing to get back to my friends about meeting up yesterday.
    3. Agreeing with certain people for the sake of peace, when I totally disagreed with what they're saying.
    .... I can't think of any more from the last few weeks and I don't want to drag up stuff from the past.
  • Options
    I don't really agree with regretting things. I could spend forever listing stuff like not respecting myself, drinking too much, cheating on people, taking risks, breaking the law, all sorts. But you live and learn, and as humans you take stock of what you've done in the past and adjust.

I wouldn't be who I am now I hadn't have done all the stuff I'd done in the past and I also think it helps me to understand other people making bad decisions.
  • Options
    Wow ... people are taking this sooo seriously. Surely everybody has that initial moment of regret when they do certain things that they really shouldn't have. It doesn't matter whether it's a lasting thing or not.
  • Options
    1. Not going to many lessons at college today
    2.Pulling this rough girl on Saturday night.
    3.Buying bottles of water at the MC Convention when everyone else was getting pint glasses full, with ice, for free.
    4.Not killing this fat motherfucker of a fly that keeps flying around my head.
    5.Not having any breakfast, I feel hungry.
  • Options
    1. That whole packet of fruit smarties I've just eaten.
    2. The bag of lemon bonbons I ate this morning (it's been a bad day).
    3. Lying about having walked the dog (bit mean on the dog really).
    4. That I didn't have a shower earlier, and if I have one now it will be evident I've had a lazy day because my hair will still be wet by the time other people get home.
    5. That I've done nothing about getting info for my trip tomorrow as it means I'm going to have to manically do it now.

I don't regret major things, I made those decisions for reasons at the time, but the little stuff, yup, very frequently, as above!
  • Options
    I don't regret anything because I don't see the point! I've made mistakes and done silly things but live and learn. And I don't have any regrets about not doing something because I'm quite a spontaneous person.
  • Options
    Maybe this thread should be entitled ... 5 things that you've done that you probably shouldn't. It would save people getting all deep and meaningful!!

4. Getting stressed with people on the site.
    5. Not going shopping at the weekend so living off ice lollies.
  • Options
    ug, really dont want to think about it to be honest! no point sitting here feeling regretful and miserable!
  • Options
    Not stuck in and applied myself at uni, and pissed away thousands with nothing to show for it!
  • Options
    I regret someone I didn't do. :p
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »

You make it sounds like thats a bad thing!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Not stuck in and applied myself at uni,

Change uni to college and that's my biggest regret.

Also, the way I lost my virginity and the person I lost it to. It's ruined my relationship with my family etc. so it wasn't a good move by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    I don't tend to regret things either...

as someone said before, everything you have done in your past has made you who you are today and I'm happy with who I am, so why waste time dwelling on the past.
  • Options
    :lol: ... everyone getting all deep about it
  • Options
    just over the course of the last 4 days

1. i regret not getting a guys number that i reeeeally liked on saturday night. now ill probably never see him again :(
    2. i regret eating a large dominoes pizza all to myself on sunday evening
    3. i regret having done NOO work even though i have a whole project to do which is due in next week. shit
    4. i regret losing my drivers liscence sometime yesterday - god knows where
    5. i regret eating 2 pain au raisins, a chicken nacho wrap, tuna and cheese panini, chips and a rolo pudding TODAY. .. and its only 6.45pm :p
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »
    Maybe this thread should be entitled ... 5 things that you've done that you probably shouldn't. It would save people getting all deep and meaningful!!

4. Getting stressed with people on the site.

haha yea rite every body is getting a bit deep and heavy .. Im spontaneous but it doesnt me from time to time i dont think shit i shouldn't have done that what a bitch !
  • Options
    Not much, really. Probably that I didn't move out when I had the (many) chances. Also not being more disciplined in college and that. But alas, I can go back to that in later years. I don't want to waste my youth farting about on academics, I know right now I'm nowhere near disciplined to adhere to owt.
  • Options
    Hmmm.

1. Eating utter crap this weekend
    2. Not exercising this evening
    3. Not doing more work for my exams which are REALLY SOON
    4. Getting stuck doing a job i really dislike
    5. Drinking and sitting on my arse watching Charmed and eating mini Mars bars for the entirety of my degree, thus meaning that i gained 2 stones AND didn't do great academically :)
  • Options
    I could regret a hell of a lot of things, but I try not to cos it's a pretty useless emotion really.

I sometimes think 'what if'... But the what if never happened, so there's not much point speculating really.

I do regret the fact that I have smelly feet right now... scuse me, just off to give them a soak. :lol:
  • Options
    There's no point in regretting stuff as it gets you nowhere. Through fucking up and making bad decisions is how we learn shit in life.

Don't waste time regretting stuff. Just learn from it.
  • Options
    1) Eating at the hospital canteen instead of walking five minutes to the delightful little cafe where I would've been fed and watered for 50p as well. That macaroni cheese :yuck:

2) Cutting off a big bit of hair that wouldn't brush out while in a sleep-deprived haze this morning.

3) Spending money on shitty magazines AGAIN - something I swore I would never do after I developed a hard-to-kick addiction to Pick Me Up when I was preggers :(

4) Not giving into laziness and doing an online shop to prevent there being nothing edible in the flat now.

5) Not going 'round to walk my parents' dog this afternoon, poor thing. Must go first thing tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    i dont regret anything ive done. i sometimes regret not doing something though.
  • Options
    being such a shy, contained bloke. I could have and could have managed much more, with more willpower and courage. That's the part of my youth years I don't wanna look back onto :(
  • Options
    1) Not kicking creepy old man in the bollocks when we were in the lift at college.

2) Not visiting my dad in the nursing home often enough. If I'd have known he was going to die soon then I'd probably have camped out there.

3) Leaving my application for student finance so late. Whoops.

4) Having the time but no willpower to do two last essays. Really need to get this sorted.
  • Options
    not revising more for my geography gcse exam
  • Options
    I'm starting to regret reading this thread...
  • Options
    3. making my stepmum cry

I thought You said "septum"
  • Options
    I thought You said "septum"

whats that ?