Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why are you right?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But what right do I have to persuade others of something that I don't KNOW is right? or moral?

You can provide information and arguements to back up your own view. You are expanding other people's knowledge of a certain area and giving them more options and more knowledge about how they live their life.

Surely that's not a bad thing.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Regardless, I said in the grand scheme of things. Who is important in that 'space and time' doesn't factor into it. Even then, I wouldn't consider those people to be important. If they hadn't served you, one of the other thousands of their legions of employees would have. They have done nothing special. They have done nothing a well trained monkey could not do. Given this, the food is what's important. Put the same McDonalds there in the same circumstance, take away the employees, and the guy goes to the kitchen and makes his own food.

Is there a "grand scheme of things" beyond the universe that is created in/by YOUR mind ?
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Although if we assume you are correct, and those people are important, who is more important? Say the guy later goes on to contract aids, cancer, or both, and someone came along and cured him, who do you think he would consider to be more important? Someone who can do nothing special, or someone who can do something noone else in the world has ever managed to?

I never claimed those people are important in the way I think you are.

From what you have posted in this thread you appear to see the universe( or at least the individuals in it ) in a vertically linear and hierarchial way.

I suggested that "importance"(of both people and materials) is a value subjective to the individual and in constant flux depending on the circumstances/environment that individual finds themselves in.