Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hair dressers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want a consultation with a good hairdresser... Cos I want a style change.

The hairdresser I usually go to are good for a trim or whatever, but the girl I see hates cutting long hair and I know she'd talk me out of having it cut.

I want to see a really good stylist, but have absolutly no idea how you know where's a good place to go.

Do you think the more expensive places are, the better quality hairdresser?
I don't like places like Tony & Guy cos they make you look like a clone of super-trendy fashionista sheep... (as is following the crowd, not sheep hair)!
Or is it a sort of trial and error thing? :yeees:

Should I go with an independant hairdresser or a chain? :confused:

I soooo need help... please. :(

(Ideas of hair styles also apprechiated... will post a pic if nessassery)

Comments

• Options
    There is a quality independent hairdressers in Nottingham, if your willing to go that far. Its a great place which has won lots of awards. The aren't cheap, but not more expensive than Toni & Guy.

:thumb:
  • Options
    See if your stylist will cut your hair in stages of length, then you can both see if the shoerter styles suits you?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    There is a quality independent hairdressers in Nottingham, if your willing to go that far. Its a great place which has won lots of awards. The aren't cheap, but not more expensive than Toni & Guy.

:thumb:

Where are you talking about? I think I have been to almost every independent hairdressers in Nottingham!
  • Options
    Zullo & Holland
  • Options
    My last hair cut was by a middle level stylist at Umberto Giannini in Selfridges. A restyle and blowdry with conditioning treatment cost just over £30 and it was the best hair cut I have ever had. She knew exactly what I wanted and did what I asked.

I definitely recommend Umberto Giannini salons, and definitely DO NOT recommend Toni and Guy - they fucked my mum's hair up more times than she'd like to admit... she doesn't go there anymore.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    See if your stylist will cut your hair in stages of length, then you can both see if the shoerter styles suits you?

Could do yeah.... But I'm not overly confident that she'd be good at doing what I wanted so I'd prefer to go somewhere else.

I don't want loads chopped off cos I don't think I'd look good with too short hair (would make my ears look bigger)... Just want lots of layers and more body and shape. It's a bit dull at the moment... got a couple of layers but they're too long, and I think I could do with more shape around my face. But I think if I told that to the person I see at the moment, she wouldn't really 'get' how I wanted it to look. Hard to know really.

I supose I'll have to just get on with it and choose somewhere. :nervous:
  • Options
    Anyone happen to have been to a Sally Montague salon? (They're in Derby and surrounding area).

I have a feeling I went there a few years ago and liked it. :chin:

Should cost about £30... doesn't seem excessive.

Think I might go there. :)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Zullo & Holland

Ah right yeah that's where I get my colour done. I've had my hair cut there a few times but to be honest I wasn't too impressed, it didn't look any different to how I went in. But yeah it is a nice salon.