Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

carbonara

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long do you cook the eggs for? I tried it once before and it came out like pasta, bacon and scrambled egg :yuck:.

Comments

• Options
    I didn't even know egg was in it !

.. Shows how good at cooking i am ..

look on jamie olivers website or something
  • Options
    When you've thoroughly mixed your egg and cream mixture, pour it through a sieve to get rid of any lumps of albumen. When on the heat with the spaghetti, constantly stir it and don't over cook it. You want it 'just set'.
  • Options
    I too have been victim to the scrambled egg on spaghetti mess. I hear the trick is to take it off the hob and let the heat of the pasta cook the egg. I managed it once perfectly, but the next time the egg was slightly undercooked. I just don't bother anymore, although often I can't have it in resteraunts because I don't eat meat so it means I hardly ever get to eat it. The other week a resteraunt replaced the ham with mushrooms and I was in absolute heaven

Anyway back on topic, here shows you how

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2876/learn-to-make-spaghetti-carbonara.jsp
  • Options
    I stick mushies in mine anyways, but I didn't realise the eggs are outta date so I just used the double cream..... boy I feel stick now.

will remember the tips though.