Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Effects of Changing Contraception (Pro to Pro)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently on the mini-pill but getting bad at taking it on time / within the three hour limit. I like the mini-pill particularly because it's stopped my periods just about completely (get about two brief ones a year).

Has anyone got any experience of changing from one progestogen-only method to another, and what effect did it have?

I wouldn't mind switching to the implant or injection, but only if I'm going to stay the same as I am now and not have periods or put on lots of weight or another bad effects.

I've been on Mircronor for about three years. Can't take the combined-pill because of a bad reaction to it years ago. I've seen the nurse for my pill check today, but she admitted she's only just become a practise nurse - used to be a district nurse - and doesn't know much about contraception! I've got a doctor's appointment next week, but just thought I'd ask for experiences :)

Comments

• Options
    There's always cerazette, which is a relatively new mini pill, but with the 12 hour window rather than 3 hour.
  • Options
    There's always cerazette, which is a relatively new mini pill, but with the 12 hour window rather than 3 hour.

i was on that

thought it was excellent

didnt bleed for 4 months

then bled for 3 non stop

:(
  • Options
    I was only on it 6 months, and didn't bleed once. Only stopped because I didn't like not having periods.