Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

making hair colour fade more quickly....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so my hair was brown with golden/blonde highlights, and in a moment of madness i had a bright colour (blue) died over the highlights. it looks good, and i like it, but i want my blonde bk for a big party im going to in about 6 weeks......what can i do to help the blue fade (its already alot paler and duller than originally) quicker?? if it hasnt gone by 2 weeks before it, im going to have my highlights put back in, BUT id rather save my money....any tips on how to get it to fade quicker???
L+C

Comments

• Options
    Use a harsh shampoo like head and shoulders. But tbh, it would probably be better if you got it died back.
  • Options
    great, im already using head+shoulders! and i wash my hair every other day! will conditioning make it fade quicker or not??
  • Options
    Head and shoulders DEFINITELY. Conditioner won't help it fade, but you'll be needing it to help your hair recover from what you've done to it- and head and shoulders can be quite damaging. I'd reccommend 3 minute miracle by Aussie. They do an intensive repair formula- you can buy it in sachets from Boots for 99p. It's really really good and smells gorgeous :)
  • Options
    You havent told us what kind of dye you used, that kind of info would probably help

Start washing it every day.

Pantenne is really good for fading dye, as is head&shoulders.

Get out in the sun as much as possible.

Lemon juice helped me fade some black permanent dye when my hairdresser made a major fuck up.
  • Options
    i know it probably sounds mad but wash up liquid works!! i had pink in my hair last year and wanted it out for my 21st, the hairdressers told me to use wash up liquid cos it makes it fade really quick...

it really does work although your hair feels horrible, i only had to do it for bout 2 weeks and it was worth it.
  • Options
    ok, il try washing up liquid, stick with the head+shoulders and buy some aussie conditioner (i knwo the one u mean dobbin+it is lush).
    Blah, it was done at the hair dressers, so i dunno what kind of dye it was! they did say it would fade out+return to blonde