Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hotels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm all excited as I'm going to stay in a swanky hotel this weekend.

What's the best hotel you've ever stayed in? And worst?

Can you get away with nicking the bath robes? Obviously everyone takes the toiletries, but what else can you get away with?

I love staying in hotels...the beds are so comfy and massive and I like the crisp white sheets. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The White House in Worcester is one of the best I've ever been in. I stayed in a very nice four star in Brugges once as well. I'd love to stay in a five star hotel at some point.

Worst? Some shitty B&B (again in Worcester) the walls where paper thin so the room next door could here everything, and my brothers uni halls had a better ensuite.
  • Options
    Best - Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
    Wasn't nice when Mike Tyson demanded the whole floor be moved to accomodate him and his entourage!

Worst - The European in Kings Cross. Very cheap if you're pissed and looking for a roof for the night
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    ooo too many to choose!

I'd say one of the many Hilton's I've stayed in have to be the worst though!

Lucky you if one of the worst you've stayed in has been a Hilton! The worst hotel I've stayed in was probably an el cheapo job in London but it wasn't all that bad really. The best was probably the Hilton in Prague, my friend's dad has some kind of business points or something and we got to stay using those. We even had a wee living room and they brought us wine and free food which was nice! :thumb:
  • Options
    Hmmm best hotel would have to be either The Victoria in Amsterdam or One Aldwych in London.

Worst would be a place I stayed in with my Mum in Paris... it had carpets on the walls and was tiny - not enough room to swing a cat!!! I got to know my Mum very well that weekend :D
  • Options
    The best hotel I've stayed in was the Hubertus in Austria, I loved it so much I begged a job from the owner and stayed there for months (ok, I was just desperate for a job but seriously it was nice!) :D

I loved the Graf Moltke in Hamburg, too.

I haven't had a bad hotel experience really... the most bizarre place I have ever stayed was an inn in Myanmar. It was one heck of an experience, I'll give it that. But people running into your room in the middle of the night yelling when you're already a bit on edge about rebel villagers is not the best kind of experience. Lucky I'm not a nervy person :razz: View was amazing, though, and they were very generous at breakfast!
  • Options
    Well I'm back from hotel, it was a Malmaison, it was great. It was Beatles themed and there was massive yellow submarine in the middle of the hotel, and a massive fish tank. Oversized toiletries in the bedrooms, like full size bottles of loads of things including massage oil and breath freshner. Wet room and separate roundish bath. Sky TV.

The only (2) annoying things were:

-A bottle of red wine left in the room, but if you drink it you are charged £12.95. I don't like red wine so we just ignored it but on the last morning I accidentally knocked it over, it smashed all over the floor! Was worried about being charged for it but spoke to reception and they said they wouldn't.
    -A Malmaison CD in the bedroom, but if you opened the seal to listen to it you get charged £10!