Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

We're broken up so what about prom?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Saturday: I want a break or break up because you're being a jerk once again. (He's been a jerk recently and well, I just snapped because I had just thrown up and had little sleep).
Monday Morning: I want to get back together. He says maybe and we're still going to prom. Mentions nothing that he immediately got with a sophomore after we broke up.
Monday Night: Friend tells me he's dating a girl. I ask him if he's dating the girl I had asked him on Thursday if he was planning on breaking up with me for. He says yes. I'm pissed.

Now, I am being petty but I don't care. He's going to be shelling out +120 for prom because I'm mad. He should have broken up with me a month ago when he started liking the girl and before I spent 200 on a prom dress and shoes, so I really am mad. He lied to me time and time again and he still lied to the very end. He lied after the end too. Not to mention the girl had the nerve to come up and talk to me Monday morning before I knew.

I have no intention of making prom night enjoyable for him, in fact, I tend to ignore him 95% of the time after he buys the pictures.

Like my mom is mad at me for even thinking this, but I want it because I feel used. We had sex during the time he was planning on breaking up with me. However, what he put me through, this is the least he can do.

Comments

• Options
    Erm, i take it this is just a rant as you aren't asking anything specific.

Shit happens and some men are wankers. Go to the prom but don't concentrate on making his night a hell, concentrate on making your night the best one yet. Dance, flirt, get drunk and just have a good time. Put him in the past and show him you don't care.
  • Options
    Jayden wrote: »
    Saturday: I want a break or break up because you're being a jerk once again. (He's been a jerk recently and well, I just snapped because I had just thrown up and had little sleep).
    Monday Morning: I want to get back together. He says maybe and we're still going to prom. Mentions nothing that he immediately got with a sophomore after we broke up.
    Monday Night: Friend tells me he's dating a girl. I ask him if he's dating the girl I had asked him on Thursday if he was planning on breaking up with me for. He says yes. I'm pissed.

Now, I am being petty but I don't care. He's going to be shelling out +120 for prom because I'm mad. He should have broken up with me a month ago when he started liking the girl and before I spent 200 on a prom dress and shoes, so I really am mad. He lied to me time and time again and he still lied to the very end. He lied after the end too. Not to mention the girl had the nerve to come up and talk to me Monday morning before I knew.

I have no intention of making prom night enjoyable for him, in fact, I tend to ignore him 95% of the time after he buys the pictures.

Like my mom is mad at me for even thinking this, but I want it because I feel used. We had sex during the time he was planning on breaking up with me. However, what he put me through, this is the least he can do.

Why be a twat about it? Take the higher ground and rise above it or you'll be just as much a piece of shit.

Prom is a big deal for you Americans - so why not try make the best of it you can?