Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is it too soon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I finished with my b/f last weekend and was feeling really crap so decided to go out with the girls on saturday to have some fun and take my mind of it. Anyways i ended up chatting to a really nice guy and went back to his house to a party, we ended up kissing and he's asked me out on a date this weekend, im a bit scared of getting into something so quick after my last relationship, but he seems really nice, should i just go out and see what happens or is it to soon.

Comments

• Options
    There's no right or wrong. If you feel like you are ready for it then go for it. If you really like him just see how it goes like you said. It'd be silly not to see him just because of non-existant etiquette.
  • Options
    Go by how you feel. Personally, after the way you've been treated, I'd jump at the chance to go on a date with a nice guy, even if it amounts to nothing, you deserve to have a bit of fun in your life, however soon - life's too short.
  • Options
    i know i should just go and see what happens, but when i came ome sun morn at 6am my ex b/f was still up drinking and he saw the other fella dropping me home and thinks i was with him, he started shouting at me saying i didnt waste anytime before fucking someone else and i never really cared about him, i know i shouldnt care what he thinks but i still kinda do, and if i do get with this new fella i know he'l make it really awkward for me to bring him into our flat etc.
  • Options
    Hey,

I agree you should go on the date with this other guy, its your choice and your free to do as you please. Enjoy a night out, nothing has to come of it remember.

As for bringing the guy back to your flat, can you not go to his? You've just broken up with your boyfriend, he probably still does have feelings for you and its kinda rubbing salt in the wound, you wouldn't like it if it was the other way around.
  • Options
    cari wrote: »
    i know i should just go and see what happens, but when i came ome sun morn at 6am my ex b/f was still up drinking and he saw the other fella dropping me home and thinks i was with him, he started shouting at me saying i didnt waste anytime before fucking someone else and i never really cared about him, i know i shouldnt care what he thinks but i still kinda do, and if i do get with this new fella i know he'l make it really awkward for me to bring him into our flat etc.

But doesn't that just show you how nice it would be to go out with a nice bloke after him??

If you feel ready, it could be really good for you to go out and relax with a nice bloke....and enjoy being treated nicely for a change!! :thumb:
  • Options
    Just do what you want, go for a date and see if you get on, so what if you boyfriend thinks you've found someone else already, he is totally trying to control and manipulate you, don't let him get his way and don't feel guilty for having fun and getting on with your life, he had his chance and blew it big time. You can go out with whoever you want whenever you want, noone has the right to have a go at you for that!
  • Options
    I would only do something like that if I felt I was ready to. There's no 'right' time to start dating someone after breaking up with someone else.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just to jump on the band wagon here, I agree, if you feel ready you do it.

Nothing necessarily needs to come from it, but to know you can go out and enjoy yourself will give you a boost.

Have a lovely time :)
  • Options
    go out and have fun - just let him know where he stands
  • Options
    Just go out and see what happens. Crap, you're going on a date with the guy, not marrying him.

Get out and enjoy yourself. :thumb:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Just go out and see what happens. Crap, you're going on a date with the guy, not marrying him.

Get out and enjoy yourself. :thumb:
    :yes:
  • Options
    If you are questioning it, you're probably not ready.
  • Options
    Just go out and have some fun. Nothing needs to get serious with the new guy and your ex has no right to say anything like that. He's probably still in shock that you've split up, but to you it's been on your mind for a while and you were expecting it.

There is no right and wrong about how long. It will upset your ex, but you've got to do whats right for you and what you feel like doing.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    If you are questioning it, you're probably not ready.

Half of me thinks im not ready yet but if i dont move on now i might end up getting back with my ex just because he's there and it feel comfortable, i dont want that so i decided to just go and have a laugh and see what happens. so we are meeting up tomorrow night. hopefully it all goes ok :)
  • Options
    Whatever you do - just enjoy yourself :)
  • Options
    Half of me thinks im not ready yet but if i dont move on now i might end up getting back with my ex just because he's there and it feel comfortable, i dont want that so i decided to just go and have a laugh and see what happens. so we are meeting up tomorrow night. hopefully it all goes ok :)

Well done for staying strong, i hope you have a great time! Show the guy what he could have :p
  • Options

If I was you I would try moving on instead of getting back with your ex - he's an ex for a reason...