Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Southampton or High Wycombe?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Southampton ! its good for shopping and it has some weird pebble beaches but a beach is a beach ! not sure about the night life last time i went i was about 13 ..
  • Options
    Never been to either.

Come up North son !!!
  • Options
    I lived in Wycombe, it was OK, but for students definitely Southhampton. Also the Uni in Southhampton, is probably a loooot better. Good luck!
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Never been to either.

Come up North son !!!

Haha, I was tempted to apply for Leeds, as all of my mums family live there and as a Leeds fan, I'd be able to get a season ticket.

But I think I'm too much of a Southener to be able to survive up there. :p
  • Options
    You would probably get shot in Leeds. Its ruff up north :p
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    You would probably get shot in Leeds. Its ruff up north :p

Haha, I used to go up to Leeds like every year to visit my grandparents. It didn't seem that bad...there are some places in London that I've been to that would out-shoot any northern towns. :thumb:
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    I lived in Wycombe, it was OK, but for students definitely Southhampton. Also the Uni in Southhampton, is probably a loooot better. Good luck!
    Did you? There seems to be a great Bucks contingent on here, it's very random! I think I remain the only Becky High girl, though...
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Haha, I used to go up to Leeds like every year to visit my grandparents.

Nah Leeds isnt too bad, I was just teasing.

there are some places in London that I've been to that would out-shoot any northern towns

I been to Peckham and Murder Mile in Hackney, London and they were pretty fucking ruff. But we have Manchester and Glasgow up north :D
  • Options

I been to Peckham and Murder Mile in Hackney, London and they were pretty fucking ruff. But we have Manchester and Glasgow up north :D

Lol Yeah, I knew a few coke dealers from Peckham and my dad was brought up in Hackney. Brixton isn't as bad as what people say, but still.... Finnsbury Park is quite dodgy too.

Lol Good point about Manchester and Glasgow though! Don't forget Bradford! lol
  • Options
    Don't forget Bradford! lol

Ha Ha, yeah those boys know how to have a riot :D

We should arrange a big North Vs South street fight. We could hold it in some midlands shithole (Birmingham springs to mind :p ). You bring the best the south has to offer and I will bring the best talent from the North.

May the best man win :D

:thumb:
  • Options
    Ha Ha, yeah those boys know how to have a riot :D

We should arrange a big North Vs South street fight. We could hold it in some midlands shithole (Birmingham springs to mind :p ). You bring the best the south has to offer and I will bring the best talent from the North.

May the best man win :D

:lol::lol: Actually pissing myself over the Midlands/Birmingham comment!!

Ok then, sounds like a plan! It doesn't even matter if we use grenades, damage buildings or harm civillians either, because it'll be in Birmingham.
  • Options
    Ok then, sounds like a plan! It doesn't even matter if we use grenades, damage buildings or harm civillians either, because it'll be in Birmingham.

:lol: Just a usual Saturday Night in Brum.
  • Options
    Lol Good point about Manchester and Glasgow though! Don't forget Bradford! lol

Lol .... bollocks ! Liverpool - ?? Where no ten year old leaves without a peice !!!!

• Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Lol .... bollocks ! Liverpool - ?? Where no ten year old leaves without a peice !!!!

Lol ok ok. I suppose you've got the old Merseyside
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Pill'ed, I'm a born and bred Bitterne (southampton) boy. Southamptons not rough in the scheme of things - not when you compare it to larger cities and that shit hole down the coast they call Pompey.

whats wrong with Portsmouth? :( lol (i live in fareham so i go out in portsmouth but have nothing against southampton :lol: ) though I have heard of bitterne being rough?

to the op id def go for Southampton, the night life is good, your down south, uni is good, bournemouth beach is close. Though i have never been out in southampton i cant speak from experiance but ive heard its good!