Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm sick of...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sick of my job
I'm sick of my housemate
I'm sick of my lack of social ife
I'm sick of people who use me for money and never pay it back
I'm sick of having to rent
I'm sick of everyone else

Aside from that, I'm fine.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you need a sense of perspective my friend. You are still much, much better off that aprpoximately 4bn other people on this planet.

Not that this will be much consolation to you, I'm sure.
  • Options
    Do something about it then, nobody else is going to magically change your life for you.

If you dont like your job, get a new one. If you dont like your housemate, move out. If you dont have a social life, get out and meet new people.

Etc.
  • Options
    and your point is i dont get what your plans were in starting this thread is anyway
  • Options
    Catharsism i presume ricky.
  • Options
    Sorry, I should have been more detailed in my reply.

I'm sick of my job
    I've had an interview, and about to have a second, for two other jobs.

I'm sick of my housemate
    This has been slow progress and getting on top of me, but this evening a call to the landlord and things seem to be moving in the right direction i.e. the unemployed, waste of space housemate will be moving out and not renewing her tenancy.

I'm sick of my lack of social life
    I stayed on for work after finishing my degree, and most people I know have moved back home or elsewhere. Not only do I try to keep in touch with those still around, but I have tried to make new friends, in part by going out with existing friend(s) and inviting people in a similar situation along. I guess I smell or something, as they don't seem to want to meet again socially :D

I'm sick of people who use me for money and never pay it back
    This is my own doing, and will teach me never, ever lend money to friends. It just ends up getting messy.

I'm sick of having to rent
    In part because of la housemate, but also my general gripe at the housing market ;)

I'm sick of everyone else
    I'm still undecided on this one.
  • Options
    Sounds like you need a sense of perspective my friend. You are still much, much better off that aprpoximately 4bn other people on this planet.

Not that this will be much consolation to you, I'm sure.

Absolutely agree with you, as I shove that comment down your tiny ass throat :wave:. I have time for other people, but there comes a time where my issues that are personal and central to me have to come first in my life.

Not that you'll agree :)
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    Do something about it then, nobody else is going to magically change your life for you.

If you dont like your job, get a new one. If you dont like your housemate, move out. If you dont have a social life, get out and meet new people.

Etc.

Definitely, and that's what I've done (in most cases). Fingers crossed it solves some issues, but for others (such as the social one) I'm still hitting a bit of a brick wall. :banghead:
  • Options
    shadow wrote: »
    Oh dear you sound terrible.:yes:

I'm quite terrible when I need to be... and what is this, everyone from Kent ganging up? Just kidding :yippe:
  • Options
    Sometimes life gets on top of you and everything does seem a bit shitty; there's no shame in having a moan. I guess there's a point though where you have to try and make positive changes to stop falling into self pity.

There's plenty you can do to perk yourself up, it sounds like you're already doing some of it, but don't expect it to happen overnight. Jobs worth getting require hard work at application/interview stage and you can't click your fingers and have new best friends. Instead think about yourself and what makes you tick. Spend more time doing stuff you enjoy and you'll be a happier, more approachable person with things to talk about. You might even meet people in the process.

Check out some of the articles in our section on Looking After Yourself, they might give you some pointers.
    :)
  • Options
    Mac Sami wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with you, as I shove that comment down your tiny ass throat :wave:.

Was that called for?
    I have time for other people, but there comes a time where my issues that are personal and central to me have to come first in my life.

Not that you'll agree :)

Actually I do, but you seem to have missed my point because it certainly wasn't about having time for other people.

My point was that you seemed down and yet you don't really have much to worry about, in the grand scheme of life, and sometimes a little perspective helps you realise that.

Most of the things you listed are thing which you have control over. It's up to you to change them.

When I look at that list I see a person who:
    • has a job, even if they don't like it much (how many people actually do??)
    • has a roof over their head, albeit with a housemate they don't seem to get on with
    • has friends, even though you don't see them as much as you used to
    • has enough money that you can afford to lend some to other people
    • has a roof over their head (again ;) )

Have a look around this country and there are people who seem to get by with much less. Now, I know that doesn't change the facts of your life, but seriously are you so badly off?
  • Options
    I’m sick of being fat.
    And you know what the funny thing is that when I typed these words in the search engine, I found a weight loss forum, imsickofbeingfat where I found much help and support to lose some of my excess weight. Every problem has a solution dear so don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll find a solution too. Take care!