Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Joost - For those who have it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think of it?

The thing is cooking my laptop to say the least - you certainly need a fast PC to get the best of out it.

Also the menu system is a bit of a nightmare - I'd say it's definitely been designed for a remote control and not a mouse.

By the looks of it Joost is being Beta released on computers but seems totally designed for a set-top box.

I can certainly see this working much better as a set top box that quietly downloads programmes to an internal hard drive at night then slowly builds up a list of programmes you'd be interested in watching.

So far I've liked the Documentaries of ordinary people in Iraq - gives a totally different view on the world to the stuff they show on CNN.

And the recipe Channel is probably the ultimate use of an on demand TV service, pull up the recipe you want, pause it, stop, rewind.

Very interesting - not perfect yet by a long way - BTW what do you have to do to get invite codes to give others, mine says I have zero invites to give out .. :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    if you go azureus webpage they're doing a similar thing but anyone can sign up
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    if you go azureus webpage they're doing a similar thing but anyone can sign up

Now that's cool

http://www.vuze.com/app

Works better then Joost for me as well - you can see this is a proper PC Application whilst Joost is defo made for a set top box environment