Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Multi Region DVD Players

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any reccomendations for a good multi region DVD player?
lookin for something under £100....and none of this HD, new age stuff...just a straight up DVD player that will play all of my beloved import dvd's...

thanks folks

Comments

• Options
    I have found that if you buy the cheapest DVD player that you can buy from a supermarket, it won't claim to be multi-region but miraculously it always seems to be, you can't go wrong. My DVDs are from all over the place and I've never had any problem with my old faithful tesco DVD player.

If you've got a DVD player already then it might be worth just getting the code to make it multi-region, which is what I did with my other one. Having said that, if anything does go wrong, you will lose your guarantee.
  • Options
    Never buy a Sony

And I'd recommend the £30 Silvercrest DivX / DVD Player from LIDL which plays movies from Disc, USB compact Flash and SD Cards

Paying anywhere near £100 for a standard DVD Player is just silly these days
  • Options
    also, search for the brand name and model no +"unlock", theres normally a code that will let you unlock and set the region to 0

edit : err, yeh, someone already said that..