Home Work & Volunteering
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Door Supervisor

smitherzsmitherz Converted to the darksidePosts: 968
Been interested in getting my license so i can be on the door in a club for some extra money. My local college has a four day course to provide the knowledge and understanding of working on a door, however this is not the certificate i have heard of for this type of job. I was also under the impression you had to renew your certificate every 5 years, this one you don't.

This course also allows me to work in security, when i thought that was a whole different course. Anyone know anything about this?


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    SIA course?

    If your confused I'd try gettintg in touch with some one who employs people in the field you're thinking of working in and finding out what qualifications you need.
  • smitherzsmitherz Converted to the darkside Posts: 968
    SIA is the one i have heard of thats needs to be refreshed every 5 years i think.

    This one is just a national certificate and claims its recognised throughout to license you for that sort of work.

    maybe i should phone up a company and ask if they accept that certificate
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My understanding was that for almost everything you now need SIA.

    I'd call a few people and find out if it's enough for what you want to do before booking onto the course.
Sign In or Register to comment.