Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Firefox Browser

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is it with Firefox and me. :banghead:

I like the browser, I find it easier to use than IE. However Firefox keeps crashing on me. It crashed about 4/5 times a day, which is way more than IE used to.

From what I have read Firefox is supposed to be much better than IE, is it normal for Firefox to be crashing on me so much ??

Cheers

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Have you tweaked any of the settings? are you using Firetune? what version of Firefox do you have?
  • Options
    Nah, I havent changed any of the settings. Only had it installed just over a week. The Firefox browser just freezes then say not responding, the only option is to close the browser.

Dont know what Firetune is, but I dont think Im using it. :D

Its Firefox 2.0.0.3. Im using Vista and still have IE7 running, I doubt these would have any effect on it? :confused:

Cheers :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Vista is probably the reason. I read that non-IE browsers don't work on it (fact), possibly because Mshit "forbid" them too (theory).
  • Options
    Vista is probably the reason. I read that non-IE browsers don't work on it (fact), possibly because Mshit "forbid" them too (theory).

Im going to go with the Vista thing too. When i use Vista i always come across incompatibility issues with nearly every program i use.

*has a quick check*

Yeah there are a few issues with Firefox and vista, i would just stick to IE and wait for a new release or a patch to come out.
  • Options
    Fucking Microsoft! piece of shit they are.

Cheers boys :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    You should have stuck to XP... Why this hurry to move to vista? (not just you)
  • Options
    You should have stuck to XP... Why this hurry to move to vista? (not just you)

Yup, get straight back on to XP :D

I can't stand Vista as they have changed everything, so its alot harder to navigate your way around, just as bad as Office 2007
  • Options
    I’m a marketing departments dream, if it’s new and has a few more bells and whistles I’m in :D

I needed a new laptop so decided to wait for Vista, I did really believe all the hype, but I aint been impressed with Vista at all (Cool Me isn’t going to like this :)) Vista has really made me question Microsoft and prompted me to look for other options apart from Microsoft ie.. Firefox browsers.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I?m a marketing departments dream, if it?s new and has a few more bells and whistles I?m in :D

I needed a new laptop so decided to wait for Vista, I did really believe all the hype, but I aint been impressed with Vista at all (Cool Me isn?t going to like this :)) Vista has really made me question Microsoft and prompted me to look for other options apart from Microsoft ie.. Firefox browsers.

TBH, although Vista isn't looking too good now, once all the company's release compatible versions of their software and Microsoft release more updates it should be all up from there. For more advanced users they might get a bit pissed off with the UAC prompts which asks for permissions everytime you want to run a task that needs administrative rights (not sure if you can turn them off). Disk Defragmenter doesn't have an estimated time or an optimization bar which is annoying. The control panel is awful. Microsoft have also gotten rid of the boot.ini file :no: I could probably list problems for days
  • Options
    ummm, I use vista and firefox with no problems at all, infact it works btter on vista than it does with IE7,
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    What is it with Firefox and me. :banghead:

I like the browser, I find it easier to use than IE. However Firefox keeps crashing on me. It crashed about 4/5 times a day, which is way more than IE used to.

From what I have read Firefox is supposed to be much better than IE, is it normal for Firefox to be crashing on me so much ??

Cheers

:thumb:

FireFox has some major memory Leak / CPU Leak issues - I think it's the way it handles FLASH - I have a laptop with a variable speed fan, when the CPU is idle or barely working the fan is off, once you have a few firefox pages opened you can hear it getting louder and louder.

Using the FLASHBACK addon helps.
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Hellfire wrote: »
    ummm, I use vista and firefox with no problems at all, infact it works btter on vista than it does with IE7,

Same here. It works fine for me.
  • Options
    Firefox bug:

watch your cpu usage and scroll up and down.

They fixed it but in the latest version it has returned. Although I'm using firefox fine on vista, on a slower pc it might have issues because it does seem someone messed up with some of firefoxes coding (like that scrolling max cpu usage thing).