Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How people perceive you...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Stolen from another messageboard. So what do you KNOW people think about you?

Mine are..

Same old shit:

Quiet
Innocent
Quiet
Shy
Quiet
Ditsy

Oh you're quite quiet arent you?
You're a quiet person..I know another person who is quiet. You'd get along.
Yes my daughter is like you. She is quiet.
You're so quiet
BE QUIET RACHAEL WE CANT HEAR OURSELVES THINK..(LOLOLOL)

can you tell that i love being told what sort of person i am?

I think if people are forever telling you what sort of person you are then you kinda sink into that role.

Comments

• Options
    Depends who we're talking about.

Some people would probably think I'm quiet and shy, but my friends would say I'm quite loud and confident. They'd probably say I'm very open about things as well, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

My family would probably say I'm quite introverted, and a bit like a hermit.
  • Options
    My friends would say i'm heartless, cold, funny, bitchy and fun. My family would say i'm angry, moody, sensible and lovely and well my grandparents think i'm the next best thing to Jesus. They don't believe that i would ever argue with anyone, probably cos i spend my whole time up there knitting, doing the crossword and generally being a fuckin darlin :lol: I have like 3 or 4 seperate lives.
  • Options
    Oh god ...

Well im pretty ''well known'' around my area for all sorts .. I've had varies things said about me i was an alleged ''coke-head'' two years before id even TOUCHED the stuff ..

People probaly percieve me as:
    -an alcoholic
    -slag at times (but im really not)
    -honest
    -confident
    -bubbly
    -bitchy (im not either but i can come across as it)
    -Dappy (im not dappy at all .. well i have my moments but im only human)
    -Id like to think funny but i guess theyre probably laughing at me

Im the same around everyone pretty much, I become better behaved at work and such I know how to act in situations. My dad would say im cheeky, disruptive, loud, a drinker and fun my nan frequently describes me as ''something else'' or says ''what am i gonna do with you ?'' my mum thinks im okay we get along ok.

I used to worry a lot about what people thought of me and i wandered why they would chat shit about my life and stuff but i realised its pathetic and they've got nothing else to do so now Im all good with it :) it was mainly the dickheads from school who have a lot of growing up to do
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't recall anyone ever characterising me, at least not in recent years.
    Oh, except this one friend saying that "I don't speak much". Other people disagreed though... I think I do speak when I have something to say, he insists that I should speak even when I don't. hehe :D
  • Options
    Errrrrm.....

Kind hearted

Angry

Crazy

Weird

Tall ffs

A laugh

Short fuse

Nice ;)
  • Options
    I'm perceived differently in different situations.

My college mates think I'm a moody, out spoken, funny and tempestuous person.
    The other girls at college think I'm a moany opinionated bitch know-it-all geek.

My parents know I'm shy, inhibited, moody and opinionated!

Not much I can say really, except that I know myself more than anyone.
  • Options
    Shy
    Quiet
    Sarcastic
    Funny
    Random
    Ditsy
    Friendly
    Chilled out/laid back
    Sweet
    Bitchy
    Stuck up

Among others..

I'm a very shy person, and I'm really quiet around people I don't know, which makes people automatically assume I'm stuck up and bitchy. I'm not stuck up at all - that kinda stemmed from high school. Me and my best mate from primary school are both very shy and quiet and kept ourselves to ourselves a little bit, laughing at private jokes and stuff. Also, as odd as it sounds, because we were tall aswell, this contributed to us being stuck up, apparently. Around my friends I'm not shy at all, I'm always laughing, cracking jokes, taking the piss out of everyone and stuff. Same around my family really. I'm too sarcastic for my own good. And I do bitch a bit, but no more than any other girl. And I'm immensely chilled out - uptight people are one of my biggest pet hates.

Ahem. Wasn't that an interesting character assessment for you all.
  • Options
    Bubbly. I'm called that ALL the time. I totally don't see it in myself, but I'm told I'm bubbly at least once a week. Since I know alot of people find people like that irritating then I'm not sure it's a compliment :razz:

Ermm other than that... suppose I'm pretty friendly... but violent. Not in the sense that I beat people up in the street for looking at me the wrong way, but if say someone hurts one of my mates, I get rather angry (yeah I'm quick tempered as well) and left to my own devices I can get myself in a bit of trouble haha. :)
  • Options
    -tender
    -thin-skinned
    -sarcastic
    -honest
    -lazy
    -frolic/entertaining
    -obsessed
    -(too) friendly/courteous
    -very impatient
  • Options
    I still remember, on the first day of a communications class, we all wrote down our first impressions of everybody in the class. A majority of mine said "bitch." The rest said shy. I am just shy. My i'mnotcrazy doctor tells me alot of people can interperate shy for bitchy. Keeping to yourself, not talking to anybody. Can be seen as your keeping to yourself because you think your better than those around you, don't want to talk to the people from choice as opposed to fear and stuff like that.

Thats pretty much the only impressions I'm aware of. Occasionally a "tall" but thats just from short havenojokes people.
  • Options
    I get told I'm:

Confident
    Impatient
    Dizzy
    Funny
    Blunt
    Relaxed
    One of those girls who is always immaculate/would never get my hands dirty/go camping. Thats a bit true but I'm not as bad as I used to be.. quite up for camping now :)
  • Options
    Oh I don't bloody know, I have been so up and down these past few years I have no clue as to what people think of me now.

Mad? Yeah, mad would probably be the right word.
  • Options
    Always always aaaaaaaaaaaaaalways chirpy. Always.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Quiet

Few drinks down you and we'll soon have you out of your shell!

I've been told I'm quite child like. That probably means quite immature and sulky if I don't get my own way (getting better though. Actually "getting better" my arse I'm 23 not 12!) and somebody quite naive about the world and spends half his life daydreaming. I actually got told off somebody last week I had a heart of gold and I'd do anything for anybody, but I think they were just being nice.
  • Options
    Nearly everyone I know moans that I don't talk enough...
  • Options
    I used to be 'quiet' but since i've been in 6th form ive been alot more confident. Often get called blunt and sarcastic.
  • Options
    Funny, sarky, psycotic :D
  • Options
    Confident
    Forward
    Honest about everything, sometimes brutally so
    Up for a laugh
    Bit of a bitch
    Sarcastic
    Party girl. People tend to express genuine surprise when I haven't been out on certain nights.

Although some of that stuff doesn't seem too bad, people seem to have the impression that I can't be serious, and if I'm actually upset or something people don't know how to act around me.

We've just had jokey awards nominations at work for our end of year do, and I've been shortlisted for biggest gossip and drama queen out of almost 70 of us, so I guess we can add those to the list too. Especially if I win either, I may report back next Friday after the party.
  • Options
    most people say when they first meet me they thought i seemed

scarey
    maybe a bit crazy
    no morals

people who know me better

generous
    nice
  • Options
    Loud
    Mad
    Confident
    Silly
    Smart
    Stupid
    Funny

Bit of a mixed bag really. Yip ya! :shocking:
  • Options
    Not sure how people perceive me but I'm sure people see me as quiet as I am especially in the company of people I hardly know.
  • Options
    my old life drawing tutor said that i scare him sometimes...
    can't say i was all too pleased with that remark...but whatever.
  • Options
    I've been told I'm loud & bubbly which is nice. No-ones ever said anything nasty about me to my face but I know I probably piss people off sometimes.

The worst thing I have ever overheard anyone saying about me is "she's a bit vague..." which I took to mean as being a bit non commital to anything. Might have actually meant something really bad but I don't care LOL
  • Options
    Um, well I have a bit of a schizophrenic personality... Im rather eclectic.

Quiet
    Cute
    Intelligent
    Ditzy
    Airhead
    Happy
    Stubborn
    Confident
    Introspective
    Ridiculously girlie and innocent virgin (first impression only, see below)
    Completely unexpected (from friends who first meet me, get to know the conservative cooking/sewing/cleaning/academic/cultureloving side to my personality then find out that im a liberal pilldropping/hardcoretechnoraveloving/filthyminded/bisexual deviant. Seriously, a lot of them got a shock.)